Hero - P. Parker

Hamilrequest #11

"I may not live to see our glory, but I will gladly join the fight. And when our children tell our story, they'll tell the story of tonight."

Song: The Story of Tonight

* * * *

You and Peter laid next to each other one night and stared at the ceiling in silence. Peter just got home from patrolling and both of you couldn't sleep. You planned the perfect sleepover, but of course you did majority of the task yourself, because Peter had Spider-Man duties.

Even after a year of dating and a year of finding out his alter ego, you still couldn't believe it.

"What's it like being a hero?" you asked as you looked at him. His side profile looked gorgeous as the moon shined through the window, providing little light inside Peter's unlit bedroom.

"It's tiring, but it's great." Peter smiled before completely facing you and you did the same. "I could do this for the rest of my life if I'm being honest."

"I really want everyone to be safe and sound around here. That's my only goal." Peter pulled you closer and kissed your forehead. "I just hope it's all worth it."

"Pete, of course it is." you smiled at him.

"Yeah, I know. But I meant- I hope that when I'm gone, either I died or retired from the hero business, I hope everyone's already safe." Peter sighed.

"Peter, I can't guarantee that there won't be any crimes in the future." you told him and he frowned. "But I can guarantee you that people will never forget you and they'll never forget what you did. And maybe, just maybe, there'll be another hero to save them. You inspire a lot of kids and I'm sure they'd love to be just like you when they grow up. You save a lot of people everyday and when you're gone, they'll tell the story about how you saved them. That's your legacy, Peter."

Peter teared up and smiled, "Really?"

"Really." you grinned. "There's only one Spider-Man and that's you."

"You're the best." Peter kissed you lovingly on the lips and you kissed him back. You pulled away after some time and you just stared at each other.

"When we have kids and when they're old enough to understand, we'll tell them your secret. When you're gone, they'll tell your story, Peter. It's all worth it." you told him.

"You want kids with me?" Peter asked with a smile.

"I do. I don't plan on leaving you despite the circumstances. These are the cards that we've been dealt and I'm willing to handle it if you are." you said.

"I'm willing to deal with it too." Peter said and yawned. "Let's get some sleep."

He pulled you closer and closed his eyes. You looked at him with sleepy eyes and pecked his lips before sleeping.

Peter slept great that night because of your assurance about the future. Peter may be everyone's hero, but you're his, you just didn't know it.

* * * *

I love how this one turned out UwU