I See The Light - P. Parker

Disney theme!

* * * *

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧"

A girlfriend. That's what Peter wanted. He was already in college and he's single and lonely. It obviously didn't work out for him and MJ and he tried going on a date with Gwen Stacy, but he just didn't feel anything for her.

You knew about his frustration because you were his only friend in the campus that came from Midtown. You sighed as you listened to him rant about the couple he saw earlier. You loved Peter a lot and you did everything to get him to notice you in a 'more than friends' way, but it never worked.

So, you decided to go on a date with Harry Osborne aka the guy's who's been chasing after you for about a few months now. If Peter couldn't see that you were there for him, you'll just go on a date with someone who's interested.

You glanced at your watch and your eyes widened, "Pete, I have to go. I'm so sorry." Peter stopped talking and looked at you with confusion all over his face. You grabbed your purse and said, "I'm going on a date! I'll talk to you later, bye!"

You slammed the door and went to the place Harry asked you to meet him at. Peter stared at the door and asked himself, "What just happened?"

He grabbed his phone and called you. You immediately picked up and he heard you panting. "Are you running?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm late." You huffed. "I gotta-"

"Late for a date with who?" Peter asked.

"Harry Osborne. I'll go now, bye!" You hung up and Peter's jaw dropped. You never left him for a guy before and it made him feel jealous. Who was this Harry Osborne guy that stole you away from him?

So, he did what he would usually do. Call Ned and talk to him about it. Ned picked up on the third ring and Peter immediately told him what happened.

"Whoa, dude. Slow down!" Ned said. "Why are you so hyped up about this anyway?"

"Because it's always been me and her and now she's meeting up with some guy! I used to be the only guy she hangs out with. Who did this Harry guy think he was, anyway? She's-"

"You're so in love with her, dude. You're in love with her and you don't know it and now your subconscious is eating you alive." Ned said.

"What does that even mean?" Peter asked.

"It means, you've liked her for a long time and you didn't do anything about it. Now that some guy just asked her out, you're mad because he took that chance away from you. You love her, Peter." Ned sighed.

It was like Peter had a house drop on him and that says a lot considering he got hit by a train once. He didn't even know he felt that way.

"Hello? Peter? You still there?"

"Yeah! Listen, I'll call you back. Thanks, man!" Peter hung up and took a deep breath. It all made sense now.

He always wanted to be with you, he was always staring at you, he always wanted to make sure you were safe and he thought about you a lot. He was in love with you and he had to do something about it before Harry Osborne or some other guy takes you away from him.