Plans - Haz Osterfield

Pairing: Commoner!Haz x Princess!Reader (Forbidden Love AU)

Hamilrequest #5

"For the first time, I'm thinkin' past tomorrow."

This is set in the old times

Song: My Shot

* * * *

You ran to the woods, following the path you've created long ago. You often went to the woods to unwind and sketch. It wasn't until two months ago when you met Harrison. He was the son of a tailor. It didn't take long for him to be a tailor too and he was very good at his job.

Like you, he went to the woods to unwind. The day he saw you, he immediately fell in love. He's never seen the princess up close and personal before. You fell in love with him too. Both of you were convinced that you're meant for each other.

All you have to do is face the challenges ahead.

As a princess, you're not allowed to marry a commoner and you are arranged to marry a prince from another kingdom as a form of alliance. You didn't agree with it and you didn't want it, because you saw your older sister being so distraught when she married the prince betrothed to her; it's like all the life was sucked out of her. When your sister found out that you were going through the same situation, she begged you to get yourself out of it and she'll help you. She didn't want you to go through the same thing.

Thus, your commitment to Harrison in meeting in the woods twice a week. Last week, when you and him met up in the woods again, you took a long stroll until you reached the heart of the woods; far from everyone and everything. He showed you a little shack that he built with the help of his closest friend, Thomas, who was a carpenter.

It wasn't perfect, but you loved it, because it was a place for you and Harrison. That night, you made love. Both of you were happy that you lost your virginity to each other. It was wrong, because both of you weren't married, but it was right because you loved each other and for some reason, that was more important than anything else.

Now, you were meeting up with him again and you missed him dearly. You reached the shack and knocked before entering. You immediately saw him by the window sill, sketching something on his notebook.

"Hello, my love." you smiled at him softly. He looked up at you and quickly hid the notebook. You walked towards him and he stood up from the floor.

"What were you doing?" you asked. Harrison shook his head and smiled, "It was nothing, my dear. How are you?"

"I feel better now that I'm here with you." you smiled before kissing him passionately. Kissing him felt amazing. For a second, you forgot everything else and it was just the two of you.

The two of you and no one else. That was such an amazing idea, but you knew it could never be. It was as if God was punishing you for something. Imagine meeting the love of your life only to realize that your love was forbidden. It killed you to even think about it.

Harrison pulled away from the kiss, the feeling of the kiss still lingering. He looked at you and said, "I bring good tidings."

You smiled, "What is it?"

"Thomas and I are building a house on the outskirts of town." he grinned. You weren't sure how that news applied to you, but you figured he just wanted to share his excitement.

"Oh, how frabjous! You and Thomas must be excited."

"It's for us, love."

You looked into Harrison's eyes and there was a sparkle in them.

"That's what I was sketching. I wanted it to be a secret, but I couldn't help it. We could live there and get married and start a family." He listed and held your hands.

"Harrison, darling, we can't." you frowned, letting go of his hands.

"Why not? Is it because our love is forbidden? Is it because I'm not a prince?"

"You don't understand."

"Then make me understand!" Harrison pleaded. "I want to be with you and I'm doing everything I can to make that happen. Don't you want to be with me?"

"Of course I want to be with you, bu-"

"Then let's run away!" Harrison suggested.

"It's not easy." you told him and looked away. "I have responsibilities here. I can't just leave. Besides, I don't know much outside the palace. I don't belong out there with you."

"That's why I'm here!" he sighed. He held your face in his hands and continued, "All my life I didn't know what I wanted, but then you came along and changed that. Y/N, darling, I've never been more sure about this in my entire life."

"What will happen to me if I go with you?" you asked. You didn't want to leave the palace only to have nothing.

"You'll stay with me and my family. If you're not comfortable with that, Thomas offered his room for you."

"Where will he stay if that happens?"

"He'll share a room with one of his brothers."

"If I stay with you, where will I sleep?"

"My mother would never allow us to sleep in the same room, because we're not married. But you can stay with my sister, Charlotte." Harrison said. "Then when Thomas and I are finished with building the house, we could buy some furniture and finally live in it."

"What about money? We need that." you said.

"I'll continue working at the tailor shop." Harrison shrugged.

"What about me? Where will I work?" you asked. If you were to start a life with Harrison, you wanted to work too. Even if you haven't had experience in that area.

"Well, you can't work with me, because you're scared of needles." Harrison thought. "You could work with Thomas in carpentry?"

You shook your head.

Harrison bit his lip in deep thought. He really wanted to be with you and he's proving that.

"Thomas has a brother who owns a bakery. His name is Sam. I heard that he desperately needed help... you could work there?" Harrison asked.

You nodded, "Okay. Now that that's arranged, what about my situation with my family?"

"I recall you telling me that your sister was willing to help us. We could ask for her help. I also know that your mother has a hunch of what's going on."

"How can you tell?" you raised an eyebrow.

"All mothers know when their child is hiding something from them." Harrison explained. "That's why I told my mother about us the moment she felt that I had a secret."

"Are you saying I should tell my mother?!" you shrieked.

"She might even help us; she might understand." Harrison said softly.

"You obviously don't know my mother." you rolled your eyes.

"Love, just try. There's no harm in that." He sighed. "It's my first time thinking past tomorrow and I'm not just throwing it away."

"You're right." you smiled softly. "I'll take to my mother and my sister to ask for help and then I'm yours. I'll meet you here again after three days, alright?"

"Alright." Harrison grinned in excitement. "I shall see thee soon."

You kissed him once more before leaving the small shack with a large grin on your face.