Chapter 2

-Lucy's POV-

I squeaked as I looked at the Red Steve. I've never seen one before!! "Hello there!" HE GREETED US! I was about to say something but suddenly Sabre ran. "SABRE WAIT!!!" I yelled and ran after him with the red Steve. "WAIT STOP!" The red Steve yelled, running with me after Sabre. I saw him hide and sighed, as I casually walked to him and pulled him out his hiding spot. "Sabre. He isn't going to hurt us... So stop running." I told Sabre and gently smiled at him, while he held his sword. The red Steve walked over to us and sighed. Out of panic, Sabre yelled "I GOT A SWORD AND I WILL ATTACK YOU! So why don't you back up? Keep your distance." I sighed and gently pinched him as the red Steve tried to calm him down "Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down!". "Oh that's what you tell someone when they're freaked out! You know what?!" Sabre no- "I will calm down. I'm sorry I should've probably not freaked out so much... Uhm... You clearly don't wanna hurt me and Lucy seems to trust you so uh... hi. I'm Sabre." Wow. That was easy.
"I'm Lucy. I know that you're a red Steve, since I read a lot about Steve's. We also met a Blue Steve before... And they didn't seem as nice as you..." I sighed and then explained to the red Steve what had happened. He seemed... Shocked.
Something was wrong. I kept Sabre calm and the red Steve told us "I'll explain everything if you two come back to my house.". Sabre groaned a bit and said "Gotta talk with Lucy about this one second." Before dragging me a little bit away. "Before you ask: Yes we should trust him and yes we should follow him back to his house. Sabre he is the First Red Steve I have EVER seen and the only person that might be nice and could be a possible friend!" I smiled at Sabre as he sighed.

"Fine... Fine..." sabre sighed and walked back with me to the red Steve. "Okay... let's go back." Sabre sighed. The red Steve nodded and walked back with us to his house and we walked to the portal. We then explained that we came trough it and that it suddenly just broke. Red Steve then explained "This Portal was made to keep away evil". Keep away evil? What...? "How would you know that...? That raised more Questions..." Sabre sighed. "Legend said that someone will go through this portal and help defeat evil." Red Steve said. Oh my stars. Oh my stars what if that is us?! OH MY STARS! "SABRE! WHAT IF THAT IS US?!" I squeaked and shook him. He tried to say something, but I interrupted him "Wat. But how could WE two defeat evil?! We aren't special nor very strong... In fact You are only a human and I can't even use my magic anymore!!" With my whining. He sighed and the red Steve told us "I'm one of the last ones who was supposed to protect the portal. And I was expecting you. Both of you. ALL of you" Whoa... Wait. ALL of us? "Will there be more of us...?" Sabre asked "Will there be more people coming to help...?". The red Steve nodded causing Sabre to sigh. "Well there is also a temple... It can help you two understand." Red Steve said. "Okay then let's go thre" Sabre said.

-At the tenplw-

I starred up at the temple, impressed and scared by it. Me and sabre slowly walked up to the giant entrance and I put my hand against it... It felt... Weirdly familiar. I want here before tho... Was I...? "Are you gonna open it?" Sabre asked the red Steve as I slowly stepped back from the entrance. "It was sealed off when they made the portal and put my kind in charge of protecting it." Oh. Okay thanks red Steve. "Okay. That is pretty smart." I smiled. "But now that we are here isn't it supposed to open? So uh... Open it up." Sabre chuckled. "That's the thing. I have no idea how to open it."...Really? Really? I sighed and saw two blocks that stood out to me. "Save come over here. Stand on the block right there." I called Sabre over and pointed at one of the blocks. I stood on the other and said "Maybe there is like a secret password that we have to say together." We looked at each other and both said at he same time "Open sesame."...I know it's dumb but- "HOLY SHIT!!!" I screamed and jumped back with sabre as on the sides of us lightning started to happen. Suddenly the door opened and I just... Starred.
And I heard some strange noises... So did sabre and red Steve... We slowly waked inside and... Whoa. There was a huge... Whatever it was and it had the colors of the rainbows on it. Sabre pointed out the pedestals and that they are the colors... Of the... The rainbow. "I'm not sure what this all is, but I'm pretty sure they represent each color of the Steves somehow". The different colored Steves... The colors of the rainbow... What if... I shook my head and walked up to red Steve... The highest pedestal... What if red was the most important color...? Wait... Does red... "Red represents wisdom." Red Steve explained. I totally forgot that red steves... They are the smartest... "Lucy... You know about the Steves right...? So... Do you know what the other steves represent...?" Sabre asked me. "Orange is creativity. Yellow is energy. Green is health. And blue is spirit." I explained. "Indigo is connection. And Violet is love." Red Steve explained and then turned to me "How did you know those things?"... It never was in any books. How... How did I know that? "I... Don't know." I sighed. "Was it not in the books about the Steves you were talking about?" Sabre asked. I shook my head no

"Well okay... Let's get down to business..." Sabre sighed and pointed out the black stuff... "oh the darkness. It tries to corrupt the Steves..." Red Steve explained. I nodded and jumped of the pedestal and walked around the thing... I held my head a bit as things stastarted to turn... Dark... "Don't. Pass. Out. Lucyane" a voice whispered to me "Please." I took a deep breath and walked back to sabre and Red Steve. "All of the steves came together to seal the darkness away" was the only thing I heard from Red Steve as I walked up to them. "So... The darkness is breaking free? You... You can't be serious.  Right?" Sabre whined. I know that red was... "As soon as you two came into this world The darkness should arrive soon". Oh dear. "Well where is it now- Ominous noise..." I whined. Suddenly I saw stuff coming out the ground... "Guys... You see this too... Right? I asked and slowly backed away. They slowly nodded, as I gulped. "I don't like this-" "WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?!" Sabre yelled as suddenly some shadowy figures appeared and walked around and got on the pedestals. "RUN!!!" Sabre yelled and we all ran to the exit.. But got cut off by one of the shadowy creatures. "Please tell me you know what these things are, red Steve. And what do we do about them?!" Sabre was panicking. "I don't know what they are. But I can yell they're bad. Lucy?" Red exclaimed and looked at me. "I also don't know!!" I whined, actually terrified "But don't get near them... I think if you approach one... You might get consumed into darkness.". "WHAT?!" Sabre yelled and stared at me. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down... As they suddenly ran out. The shadowy figures ran out. We just ran after them but... The gate closed. I stared at it and put my hand against it. "This isn't good." We all said at the same time.