Prologue

Humans are weird. 

And the ones sitting beside me are the weirdest ones I have seen in a while.

“I am telling you her dress was exactly like the one I had shown you that day.” Lady number one said.

“I know. There’s no way she could be wearing a dress that was worth as much as the entire party did.” Lady number two answered.

This is what they have been talking about for past 60 minutes. I know ladies have a tendency to gossip but if it is at this rate, they should be arrested in my opinion.

I just hope this flight reach London as soon as possible.
On checking the screen in front of my seat, it turns out there are still two hours left until we land.
Not wanting to make my ears bleed, I plugged in my headphones and turned the volume higher.

Honestly, I don’t understand why they are moving me to an unknown city. I am mature enough to survive on my own. They just don’t understand. They said they wanted to make sure I was safe. As if sending me to my grand aunt (who I have never met in my life and who is also a cancer patient) was safe.
The weird ladies beside me are now trying to watch a movie; both pretending that they know how to use the tablets attached in front of their seats. Clearly, they have no idea what they are doing.

I swear I am not going to look at them again.

Instead, I turned my gaze towards the window to watch a blanket of clouds beneath me with a tiny hint of sunrays escaping through the holes in between. It looked exactly like the hope I have left with my life.
My life is turning upside down from tomorrow, again.
I used to hate change. And looking back through last five years of my life, it has changed so much I can’t even remember how it used to be before that. It feels like a few decades have passed instead of just a half.

Stop it, Violet.” a voice echoed in my mind, scolding me before I could go deeper.

I closed my eyes and rested my head at the back of my seat as the soft music surrounded me through my headphones.

At 7 p.m., after two very painful hours of hearing two 50 year old ladies bickering about something I don’t even know combined with a crying child somewhere in the back, a voice finally announced asking us to fasten our seatbelts.
I have never been happier to hear that announcement.

Inspite of being very upset that I had to move here, I have to admit that London is indeed a very beautiful city.
The colors, the houses, the architecture, the buses, all of it somehow lifted my spirits up.
So when half an hour later the cab driver stopped in front of a very old looking mansion which could easily pass as a set of a horror movie, I was still not as upset anymore.

“Just a few years,” I whispered to myself gazing at the horror house which now I realized looks more like a castle.

______________

Hello everyone !
So this is my first attempt at not only writing a harry styles fanfiction but also at writing an entire novel.

And I have decided that I am going to post the chapters as soon as I write them instead of just finishing the novel first and then posting.
As it might not look very interesting at first, but I swear it gets better as you move on.

Hoping for a little motivation, and please do not hesitate to correct me anywhere you feel I am not going proper.

Looking forward to this and hoping for a good response,

Sincerely,
Meera.