Chapter 41 The Sparkling

Snow POV

“What do you mean it can’t be delivered?” Sire asked. I looked at him before looking at Ratchet, who was now looking at me.

“What’s wrong, Ratchet? It’s my sparkling, okay?” I asked. He nodded.

“The sparkling is okay, but unfortunately, it can’t be delivered naturally. We need to do a cesarean now” Ratchet said. I felt my optics wide.

“What? Why?” Sire asked. Ratchet then looked at him.

“The sparkling is way too big for Snow to deliver him naturally. If I don’t do a cesarean, then either Snow or the sparkling could die” Ratchet explained. I saw my Sire nodded. He then turned to look at me. I looked at him with a worried expression on my face.

“Hey, It’s okay. Everything is going to be alright” Sire said. I nodded.

“Thank you, Sire” I said. I then turned to look at Ratchet. 

“Please, Ratchet. Do what you have to do, but deliver my sparkling safe” I begged. He nodded.  He then grabbed a large needle and filled it up with some weird looking yellow liquid. He then walked over to us.

“Okay, Snow. Once I put you in stasis. I will start the operation” He told me. I nodded. He then injected the needle. I felt a light-headed before feeling my optics really heavy. The last thing I saw was Ratchet getting everything ready for the operation.

Starscream POV

I saw Snow fall into stasis then watch the Medic get ready to start the operation.

“Are you sure you want to be here while I operate?” The Medic asked. I nodded.

“I don. I will not leave my daughter's side” I said. He nodded. He then began the operation to deliver the sparkling. I watched the Medic then cut a horizontally cut on Snow’s belly. 

[I will not write the cesarean part. So, I will just skip this part to the birth of the sparkling already.]

The operation took almost 30 minutes. I knew the operation was a success once I heard the cries of the sparkling. I watched the Medic finally pull the sparkling out. The sparkling was really big. He had primary gray paint with black and a little bit of purple on his forehead.

‘He really looks a lot like Megatron’ I thought.

“Scrap” Ratchet said. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Ratchet curse. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked. I saw him immediately look at me before handing the sparkling to me.

“Here. Hold him” He said. I looked at him with a ‘why’ look.

“I need time to stitch the wound on Snow’s stomach before she loses more Energon” Ratchet said. I nodded. He then handed the sparkling to me before running back to Snow. I then looked down at the sparkling in my arms. He was still crying. I tried to calm him down, but it was useless. He kept crying. I then looked up. I saw the Medic immediately begin closing the wound on Snow’s stomach. It took a total of 15 to 20 minutes for him to finish stitching up the wound. 

“Done” He said. I nodded. He then cleaned the wound on Snow’s stomach before walking to me. I was still trying to calm the sparkling. 

“Here. Let me. I need to clean him” I said. I nodded. I gave him the sparkling back. He then took the sparkling and cleaned him before wrapping him in warm blankets. I stopped looking before looking at Snow. I grabbed her servo, and with a smile, I said.

“I’m so proud of you, SweetSpark. I love you so much” I said, kissing her on the forehead. 

Snow POV

I don’t know what time it was when I finally woke up, but with some much pain all over my body and most of the pain was from my abdomen. I groaned, trying to sit up, but I couldn’t. It hurt so much. I didn’t know what was going on at first, but then I snapped back into reality when I remembered what happened. I had been put into stasis because I couldn’t deliver my sparkling naturally, so Ratchet had to do a cesarean. 

Now… 

I was wondering what happened. Was the operation a success? 

“Snow” I heard my name being called. I then saw Ratchet approach me. 

“R-Ratchet” I said. It was also really hard to speak. I was still weak. I tried to sit up again, but I still couldn’t.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Calm down. It’s okay. It’s okay. You need to stay still. You still need time to recover from the operation” Ratchet said. I looked at him. 

“Where’s my sparkling?” I asked. I needed to know. I needed to know what happened with my sparkling. Was he okay? Was the operation a success? If so, where was he? 

“Hey, It’s okay. He’s fine. Here. Allow me to bring him to you” Ratchet said. He then walked away then came back, holding a bundle wrapped in a blanket. He handed the bundle to me. I immediately took it in my arms. I smiled when I saw him. 

My sparkling. 

He was sleeping. I immediately began to cry for so many reasons. I was crying because I was so happy, but I was also crying because the sparkling look so much like him. He looked so much like the Mech that I fell in love. I hugged my sparkling close to my body while crying from both happiness and sadness.