[2nd] Chapter 48 Cave

Snow POV

We were inside the cave. It was really dark and big. We needed to be careful. It also looks really old.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” I asked Smokescreen. 

He was not showing any signs of pain, and the bleeding on his shoulder had decreased for a little bit, but I was still worried that he was in pain and refused to tell me.

“I’m fine, Snow. Let’s find your son before Megatron does” He said. I sighed. 

“Please, Smokey. If you’re in pain, tell me” I said. He smiled at me.

“I’m fine, Snow. It hurts, but not that much” He replied. I nodded.

We continued to go further and further inside the cave. I was starting to get super worried for DarkNight. I could feel throughout the bond how scared he was right now. I tried to calm him down by sending waves of love and support, but that was not enough.

Just then, we came to an intersection of two ways.

“Oh, my Primus! Which way did they go?” I asked.

“I’m sorry, Snow. I wish I did” Smokescreen replied. I then tried to ask DarkNight which way he went, but he was so scared that he didn’t know which way he took, so asking him was out of the list.

“Damn it! Take the left. I take the right” Smokescreen said. I looked at him.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to separate?” I asked. I saw him sighed. He then grabbed my servos.

“Listen, Snow. I know you’re scared and worried, but this is not the time to think about what's a good or bad idea. We need to find DarkNight before Megatron. If we don’t, then he will take him away from you forever” He said. I looked at Smokescreen, who was looking at me with a serious look on his face. I sighed.

“You’re right, Smokey. I shouldn’t let my fear come between my son’s safectly” I said. He nodded.

“Just be careful. If you find Megatron first, then try to hide, but if you find DarkNight first, then take him and run” He said. I nodded. 

We went separated. He took the right path. I took the left path. I looked around, trying to locate my son. 

Just then, I came to an opening. It was really big. I noticed that it was being held by an unstable structure in the middle.

‘I have to be careful. This place looks like it’s about to fall down into pisces’ I thought.

“Carrier?” I heard a small familiar voice called. I immediately turned to the voice and was so happy to see DarkNight hiding behind a rock.

“DarkNight!” I yelled, running to him. He also ran to me. We met halfway. He was shaking in fear. He also had tears falling from his little optics like two giant waterfalls.

“Carrier” He said. I hugged him close to my body.

“I’m here, Sweety. I’m here” I said. 

Just then, I heard shooting. I immediately stood up with DarkNight in my arms, quickly looking around to identify the source of the shooting, and that’s when I saw a different opening. I noticed that the shooting was coming from there. 

I was about to take off running through the other path but stopped when I heard the shooting getting closer, and that’s when I saw Smokescreen enter the cave that I was in with DarkNight.

“Smokescreen” I called. I saw him turned to me when he heard me call his name, but then he got shot once again on the same shoulder that he got shot before.

“Smokescreen!” I yelled. I was about to run to his aid, but he stopped me.

“No! Go! Leave! Take DarkNight! Leave!” He yelled. I was about to protest, but that's when Megatron showed up, grinning at us. He chuckled.

“C’mon, Autobots. How about we stop playing this ridiculous game of chase already. Just hand over what’s rightfully mine, and I might consider letting you two live” He said. 

Just then, I saw Smokescreen growling at him before standing up between Megatron and me while holding his bleeding shoulder.

“I’m not going to let you lay a finger on either Snow or DarkNight. You don’t deserve to be part of his or her life after what you have done all these years, Megatron” Smokescreen said. He then attacked Megatron.

“Run, Snow!” Smokescreen yelled. I did. I immediately took off running with DarkNight in my arms.  

“No!” I heard Megatron yell. 

I then looked at him and saw him about to shoot his fusion cannon at us, but luckily Smokescreen came in time and pushed Megatron’s aim away. I still ended up falling to the ground because the impact of the shot had landed a couple of inches away from me.

I stood back up, but that’s when I noticed that the exit had been blocked by some rocks. I then heard Megatron yell, so I turned to look and saw Smokescreen still trying to hold him down.

“Fine! If you want to die so badly, then die!” Megatron yelled. I then watched in horror how Megatron used his hidden blade to plug it into Smokescreen’s chest. 

“Smokescreen!” I yelled.

 I saw him fall to the ground, still moving, so that meant that the blade didn’t get his spark, but he was still bleeding a lot. 

I saw Megatron laugh. He then raised his blade once again to finish the job, but I couldn’t let him do it. I immediately used my blaster and opened fire at his face. He stumbled back a couple of feet but then regained himself, then looked at me with a glare and chuckled.

“Do you really think you could defeat me, Snow?” He asked. 

“No, but at least I could give us time to” I said. I then switched my aim from Megatron to the unstable structure that was holding the cave. 

“No!” Megatron yelled. Just then, rocks began to fall on him. I watched the cave begin to shake violently. I immediately ran to Smokescreen’s aid with DarkNight in my back, holding into my wings. 

“Smokescreen. I’m sorry. I promise that we will get out of this alive” I said. I quickly took cover with Smokescreen and DarkNight, while Megatron got buried alive under the heavy rocks. The place shook so much, and it got covered completely with rocks and dust. The last thing I saw was darkness surrender my surrounding while holding tightly into both Smokescreen and DarkNight.