Chapter 50 The Past

Starscream POV

It’s been almost 5 hours since Ratchet took Snow to the med-bay, and we still don’t have any news from him. It was already dark, and DarkNight had finally fallen asleep an hour ago. It took a long time because I could tell that he missed Snow’s warmth. I was in the main room on a corner, walking back and forth non-stop since I put DarkNight to sleep.

“Uh… Starscream. I think you should stop. If you keep on going, then you’re going to create a hole on the ground” I heard Miko say. I stopped and glared at her.

“How could I stop when I still don’t have any news from my daughter. I can’t calm down. I’m worried sick” I exclaimed. 

I then felt a servo land on my shoulder, so I turned my helm back and saw Smokescreen with a sad smile on his face.

“Starscream, Miko’s right. You should calm down. I know you’re worried, but walking back and forth will not solve anything. It will just make you more anxious, and you will start worrying even more than before” Smokescreen said. I looked at him before looking down.

“I-I understand. Thank you” I said. He nodded. He then walked away. I then leaned on the wall close to the hallway to the med-bay and slid down to the ground. I was now sitting on the ground, waiting for Ratchet to finally show up. 

I sat there for a total of ten minutes with my optics closed until I heard a small cough, so I opened my optics and looked down. I saw Bumblebee’s human charge, Raf.

“Yes? What could I do for you?” I asked.

“Well… I-I saw you sitting here all alone, so I wanted to accompany you if you allow me” He replied. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow before letting out a sigh. I then laid my servo down for him to climb. He smiled before climbing my servo, and I then brought him to my shoulder, where he sat down. It was silent. We didn’t move. We didn’t talk.

We stayed like that for a short period of time until I finally couldn’t handle the silence any longer, so I decided to break the awkward silence around us.

“You know, I was really shocked when I found out that Rose was sparked with my sparkling” I said with a sad smile.

“Rose?” Raf asked. I nodded.
“That was my Sparkmate’s name. She’s Snow’s Carrier” I said. I saw his eyes wide.

“Really?” He asked. I nodded. I looked at him then saw a look of confusion come across his face.

“But I heard from Snow a while back that you didn’t know that your Sparkmate was sparked and had a sparkling” Raf said. I sighed.

“I lied” I said before looking down at my servos. I don’t know why I was telling him this, but for some reason, I trust him enough to reveal to him my past. 

“I knew that Rose was sparked, but at that time, I didn’t really care about the sparkling. I told her to get rid of the sparkling, but like you already know, she didn’t and instead lied to me about getting rid of it” I said with a sad smile. I shook my helm before continuing my story.

“I then later left to join the Decepticons. I was with them for some time before going back to get rose, but for some strange reason, I couldn’t find her. I assumed something bad happened to her, so after looking for her for some time and not finding her, I gave up any hope of finding her but now look at me" I began then looked up.

"I ended up falling in love with that one sparkling that I had told my Sparkmate to get rid of, but I'm happy Rose didn't get rid of the sparkling because thanks to that, I was able to meet Snow" I said, feeling my optics getting all watery. I was trying so hard not to let the tears out, but it was so hard. I let out a couple of tears.

“Whoa” I heard Raf say. I could tell by the tone of his voice that my story shocked him to the core. 

Just then, I heard footsteps coming from the med-bay’s hallway. I immediately stood up. I saw that everyone heard the footsteps as well because we were all now surrounding the entrance to the med-bay waiting. We all then watched Ratchet show up. We saw him stop at the entrance before looking up at us with a heavy sigh.

“So?” I heard Miko ask, breaking the silence in the room. 

“What happened, Ratchet?” Arcee asked. I could tell by the tone on her voice that she was getting impatient. I was too. I needed to know if my daughter was okay or not.

“I have good news, but I also have bad news” I heard Ratchet tell us. We all looked at him.

“What’s the good news, Doc?” Wheeljack asked.

“Snow will live… ” Ratchet said. We didn’t move. We didn’t talk. That was the good news, and now we need to hear the bad news. That’s why we still haven’t moved or talked. 

‘Don’t get me wrong’

I was happy to hear that my daughter will live, but now I need to hear the bad news that Ratchet had for us.

“What’s the bad news, old friend?” Optimus asked. We saw Ratchet look at us with a sad expression on his face. 

“She will survive, but there’s a high probability that she might never wake up from her stasis stage” Ratchet said.