Chapter 43 Why?

Snow POV

It’s been a couple of weeks since I finally gave birth. I was now fully recovered and could move around better than when I gave birth or when I was sparked. 

“Miko. Be careful. You could hurt him” I heard Bulkhead tell Miko, who was playing with DarkNight. Well, she was trying.

“Aww, but Bulkhead. I want to play with him” Miko complained. I chuckled.

“It’s okay, Bulkhead. I’m sure Miko will not hurt him” I told Bulkhead.

“Seriously? Do you even know Miko?” Raf asked. Jack nodded. 

“You should know by now that Miko brings trouble anywhere she goes. It’s like trouble is waiting for her just around the corner. I think I will not be surprised if Miko tries to take little DarkNight outside with her when he learns to walk” Jack said.

“Hey, that’s mean!” Miko yelled. That made DarkNight giggle a little. He was laying down on the platform on top of some blankets with Miko, Jack, and Raf next to him. I rolled my optics with a smile.

“It’s okay, Jack. I know. I trust she won't. If not, I’m going to be mad at her” I said before looking at Miko.

“You won’t do it, right?” I asked. I saw her cross her arms but nodded at the end.

“I won’t. I promise” Miko said. I nodded. I then allowed the human kids to take care of DarkNight, while I talked with Smokescreen.

“Hey, Snow. I know it’s late, but I want to ask. Why did you choose the name DarkNight?” Smokescreen asked. I looked at him before looking back at little DarkNight and smiled.

“I gave him that name because that’s the name that I chose with Megatron before ‘you know what’ happened” I replied.

“Really? I thought you said that you never really thought about a name for your sparkling” He asked. 

“I didn’t. That was before I knew I was sparked or Sparkbond with Megatron. I didn’t know if I really loved him at that time, but we did talk. One of those topics was our future sparkling’s name” I told him.

“Whoa! Really?” He asked. I nodded.

“I didn’t think much of it at that time because I was still trying to figure out my feelings at that time, but the name DarkNight came up in the discussion, and we both love it” I said, looking at DarkNight again before looking back at Smokescreen.

“So, when the time came to name my sparkling. Well, I remember that day that I had with Megatron. I had to give it a lot of thinking because I didn’t know if I should still use that name, but after allowing my mind to calm down. I decided that that will be a good name because it will remind me when Megatron used to love me” I said.

“Well, I hope he loved me at that time” I added, chuckling with a sad smile at the end. I felt Smokescreen pad my shoulder, trying to cheer me.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m sure he loved you” He said. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Seriously? I thought you said that he didn’t love me before. That he was using me” I said with my arms crossed. I saw Smokescreen sighed.

“I know what I said, but after hearing you talk about all the stuff that Megatron did for you and analyzing it. I realized that he did love you, but now I’m nor sure anymore. He looked really angry before I crossed the Groundbridge” Smokescreen said. I nodded then smiled.

“Thank you, Smokescreen” I said.

“For?” He asked.

“Everything. You’re the best friend I could ever ask for” I said, hugging him. He hugged me back.