Chapter 51 The Call

Starscream POV

“Wh-What do you mean she might never wake up?” I asked. I then saw Ratchet turned to look at me.

“I’m sorry, Starscream. I did everything that I could do. The only thing left is to wait” Ratchet said.  I looked down at my pedals with a destroyed look on my face. I then clench my servos into a fist.

‘It’s all his fault. It’s because of him that Snow is like this’ I thought. I then sighed before lifting my helm up to meet Ratchet.

“Could I see her?” I asked. He nodded. I then picked Raf from my shoulder and handed him back to his guardian. I then left the main room and went to the med-bay.

I entered the med-bay. The first thing I saw my Snow hook up to a couple of monitors. I felt my spark break when I saw her like this. I didn’t like seeing her like this, but I had to be strong for her. I walked to her side then grabbed her servo with my own.

“Snow” I called. I didn’t get a reply back. I knew she wouldn't reply back, but deep down, I hoped that she did. I felt the tears build up in my optics. I then felt to my knees while still holding my daughter’s servo.

“I’m sorry, Snow. I know it’s not my fault, but I wish I could have done something to prevent this from happening. I’m sorry” I said, crying. I stayed there for the rest of the night and didn’t move from my spot.

*NEXT DAY*

It was finally the next day, and Snow was still in stasis. I stood by her side for half the day until I had to go get myself a cube of Energon to drink because I was low on Energon and knew Snow would not be happy if I starved myself. 

“Hey, Starscream” I heard my name being called. I turned to the voice and saw the human girl, Miko.

“Hey” I said with a weak smile on my face. I saw her frown when she saw my weak smile.

“Are you going back to the med-bay?” Miko asked. I nodded. I saw her sighed then looked down at her feet.

“Do-Do you think Snow will wake up soon?” She asked. I saw that she was kind of nervous to ask me that because she was rubbing her hands nervously.

“I don’t know, Miko. I do hope she wakes up soon” I replied. She nodded. I was about to leave the main room to go back to the med-bay, but then an incoming call stopped me.

“Optimus. I’m receiving a call” Ratchet said.

I would usually just ignore it, but this call was not from any of us. It was from none other, but Megatron himself.

“What does he want?” Arcee growled. I saw her growling her arms cross over her chest. She was not happy. I wasn't happy myself.

“I don’t know, Arcee” Ratchet replied. He then turned to Optimus.

“Do I answer it?” Ratchet asked. I looked at Optimus, waiting for his reply, and when he nodded, I growled but didn’t say anything.

I saw Ratchet nodded, then answered the call, and the first thing we saw from the other side was Megatron’s face. We all gasped when we saw him. He looked horrible.

“Optimus” He said. Even his voice sounded horrible.

“Megatron…” I heard Optimus began, but Smokescreen interrupted him. He was mad.

“What do you want, Megatron? Haven't you caused a lot of damage already?” Smokescreen asked. He was glaring at Megatron with so much hate on his optics. Well, I was too. We all saw Megatron sighed.

“I called because I wanted to know if Snow was okay” He said. I growled.

“Why should we tell you? You were the one that hurt her in the first place. So, tell us, why should we tell you anything?” I asked. He looked at me before looking away from my icy glare.

“I-I’m sorry” Megatron said. We all felt our optics wide.

‘Was this for real? Was Megatron really apologizing?’ I asked. I shook my helm before growling.

“Please” Megatron began.

We all stopped when we heard him say ‘please’. We all looked at Megatron with an astonished expression on our faces. 

“How is she?” He asked. He was giving us a sad expression on his face as if he was really sorry and worried, but that couldn’t be true. 

“She’s fine, Megatron” I heard Ratchet finally tell Megatron. I click my tongue in annoyment.

“Yeah, she’s fine, but not thanks to you” I added. I saw a look of relief come to his face when he heard Ratchet tell him that Snow was fine, but then quickly looked away when he heard me.

“Megatron. Why did you really call us? I’m sure you didn’t just call us to know if Snow survived, right?” Optimus asked. Megatron nodded.

“You’re right, Optimus. I didn’t just call to know how Snow was” He said. He then took a deep breath before looking at us.

“I want to end this war once in for all”