[2nd] Chapter 44 Forest

Snow POV

It was finally the afternoon, and Smokescreen said that he had somewhere special that he wanted to take me. I was really excited. It’s been so long since I last went out of this base. 

“Are you sure you could handle him?” I asked Arcee.

“I’m sure, Snow. If I have trouble, I will just ask Starscream. We are on good terms after all now” Arcee said. I nodded.

“Thank you, Arcee” I said. I then leaned down to DarkNight. 

“Okay, Sweety. Your Carrier’s going out with a friend. I will be back later” I said then kissed his little forehead. He giggled. I smiled then stood up straight. I then left and walked to the main room, where I found Smokescreen already there waiting for me.

“Hey, Smokey” I said. That got his attention. 

“Hey Snow. Are you ready?” He asked. I nodded.

“I’m all set” I replied. He nodded. He then turned to Ratchet.

“Ratchet, can you Groundbridge us to the place I told you?” Smokescreen asked. I saw Ratchet nodding before opening a Groundbridge.

“Groundbridge? Where exactly are we going?” I asked. I saw Smokescreen grinned.

“You will see” He replied. I nodded my optics then chuckled. The Groundbridge opened. We then went through it. On the other side, we were in a forest. It was nothing special at first. It was a normal ordinary forest. 

“Smokescreen? Why are we in a forest?” I asked.

“Well, If I told you, then it won’t be a surprise, right?” He asked. I sighed.

“Fine. Go on” I said. He nodded. He then took my servo and began pulling me towards a direction. 

Well, It’s been 5 minutes, and I still haven’t seen anything interesting. I was starting to think that we were lost.

“Uh, Smoke…” I began, but suddenly he stopped.

“We are here” He said. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Here? Where exactly?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

“Close your optics, Snow” He said.

“Huh? Why?” I asked.

“Please” He begged. I sighed.

“Fine. I trust you, Smokey” I said. I closed my optics. I then felt myself get pulled forwards. 

Finally, I felt myself getting stopped.

“Okay. Open then” Smokescreen said. I opened my optics, and what I saw just amazed me to no end.

It was a really beautiful part of the forest with flowers and other kinds of cute little animals as well as a really colorful and large waterfall. The waterfall wasn’t normal. The water sparkled and looked really color like a rainbow. 

“Do you like it?” He asked.

“Oh, my Primus, Smokescreen! I love it!” I exclaimed, looking around the place. It was so beautiful. 

“And you haven’t seen the best part yet” He said.

“Really?” I asked. He nodded. I smiled, but then frowned.

“What’s wrong, Snow?’ Smokescreen asked.

“It’s just that seeing this reminds me of all the places that Megatron once took me in before, well ‘you know what’ happened” I replied, looking down at my pedals in sadness. I then felt my face get raised up.

“Hey, It’s okay. Let’s not let our past ruin today's hang out” Smokescreen said. I chuckled.

“You’re right. Thanks, Smokey” I said. He smiled.

“Your Welcome” He said. 

We then sat down on some rocks and talked like we used to do. I laughed every time Smokescreen said something funny. I loved hanging out with him so much.

Just then, I noticed the time. It was getting late. I could see the sun already disappearing over the horizon. 

“It’s late. We should go” I said, standing up.

“Wait” Smokescreen said, stopping me.

“What?” I asked.

“Follow me” He said before walking away. I raised an eyebrow before following him. I followed until the sun had finally disappeared. 

Finally, I saw him stopped in front of a bunch of vines hanging from a tree. He then looked at me. 

“Remember when I told you that you hadn’t seen the best part of this place yet?” He asked. I nodded.

“I do” I replied.

“Well, this is the best part” He said. 

He then moved the vines to the side, and that allowed me to see a really large field of really beautiful flowers with a small river in the middle, but that was not the amazing part. The amazing part was the small little colorful animals flying above the field. They were all different colors. They made the whole place look magical.

“Whoa!” I said. I heard Smokescreen chuckled. I walked forward, then spun in circles and stopped once I was in the middle of the field.

“This place is amazing, Smokescreen. Thanks. For showing me all this” I said.

“Nah… Its nothing, Snow. I love seeing you happy” He replied. I nodded then looked the other way.

“Uh, Snow” Smokescreen called. I turned around to look at him.

“Yes?” I asked. I saw him walk over to me and stop in front of me.

“Snow, I… I... “ He began but stopped. I looked at him with a curious look on my face. I was interested to know what he wanted to tell me.

“Smokescreen, Are you alright? What wrong?” I asked. 

“Snow… I wanted you to know that… I… you know what… nevermind. It’s nothing” He said.

“Are you sure?” I asked. He nodded.

“I’m sure” He replied. I nodded.

“Okay then” I said. I then looked back at the beautiful scene in front of me and thought about what just happened. I was not sure what he wanted to tell me, but he looked nervous for some reason.