[2nd] Chapter 45 Thanks

Smokescreen POV

'I love you, Snow'

I wish I could tell her that, but here I am, standing a couple of feet away from the femme that I love. I fell in love with Snow a long time ago, but haven't been brave enough to tell her. I don't care if she had a sparkling or anything like that. I love her, and that's all that matters to me.

Anyway, it got pretty late, so we had to go back to base. I called Ratchet for a Groundbridge. On the other side, Arcee stood with DarkNight in her arms. I saw Snow smile and quickly late DarkNight in her arms. I smiled. I loved Snow's smile so much. It made her look so beautiful.

"Hey, Sweety. Your Carrier's back" Snow said, kissing his two little cheeks. That made me laugh.

"Thanks, Arcee. Thank you for taking care of him" Snow told Arcee.

"No problem, Snow. It was my pleasure" Arcee replied. Snow nodded. Just then, DarkNight let out a cute yawn and snuggle closer to Snow. Snow chuckled.

"C'mon, Buddy. Time to recharge" Snow said. She told us all 'Goodnight' before leaving the main room. I sighed once she was out of sigh. I then walked over to where Wheeljack, Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee were all hanging at with their human kids.

"So, Smokescreen" Wheeljack called, smirking. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. I then saw that everyone was looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"So? How did it go, Kiddo? Did you tell her how you feel?" He asked. I saw all of them look at me, waiting for a reply. I blushed but then frowned.

"By the looks of it, I don't think he told her" Jack said. I nodded.

"Jack's right. I didn't tell her" I replied.

"What? Why?" Miko asked. I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. I got scared okay" I replied. I growled. I was so mad with myself right now.

": Hey, it's okay, Smokescreen. Just tell her when you feel more confident:" Bumblebee said.

"I know, but I wish I did. I'm such an idiot" I replied.

"Bee's right, Smokescreen. Don't beat yourself over it" Raf said. I sighed.

"Yeah, I think you guys are right. I shouldn't beat myself over it. I still have time, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, Kid. You do" Bulkhead said, patting my back. I smiled.

"In fact, you should go right now and spend some time with her before she goes to recharge" Wheeljack said, pulling me to the side.

"What? You mean, right now?" I asked. He nodded. I looked at him before looking at everyone who then gave me a 'go' look. I nodded before leaving the main room.

Snow POV

I was feeding DarkNight a bottle of Energon before he went to recharge for the night. Just then, I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Smokescreen" I heard Smokescreen replied. I smiled.

"Come in" I replied. He came in.

"Hey, Smokey. What's wrong? You never come to my room at this time. What's the occasion?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just wanted to come over and check on you and small little DarkNight" He replied. I smiled.

"Well, Thank you. That's so nice of you, Smokescreen" I replied. I saw him lightly blushed. I chuckled.

'Aw... He looks cute when he blushes' I thought. I then realized what I thought.

"Wait... Did I just think he looks cute when he blushes? Oh, my Primus, I did' I thought. I blushed but quickly looked down to hide it from him.

Just then, DarkNight had finally finished his bottle. He was now fast asleep. I smiled then put him down on his little crib.

"He looks so at peace when he recharges" Smokescreen commented.

"Yeah. He does" I replied. I then looked at Smokescreen, who turned to look at me and blush when he found me already looking at him. I chuckled. I saw him nervously smile while scratching the back of his helm. I chuckled even more.

"Anyway, I should really go and let you recharge. I just wanted to see how you were before I went to recharge myself" He explained. I nodded. I watched him about to leave my room, but I suddenly stopped him.

"Smokescreen! Wait!" I yelled. He stopped. He then turned around to look at me.

"Yes, Snow? What's wrong?" He asked. I then hugged him. I felt him tense up but then relax and hug me back.

"Thank you, Smokescreen" I said.

"Thank me for what?" I asked.

"For everything" I replied.

"You have been by my side since the beginning of this terrible ordeal that I had to face alone at the beginning. I don't know what I will do without you, Smokescreen. So, thank you for always being there for me in the good and bad days" I explained.

"Your Welcome, Snow" He replied. We let go of each other. I smiled at him before leaning closer and giving him a small kiss on the cheek. I saw his face go from a small light blush to a super blush. I chuckled.

"Goodnight, Smokey" I said.

"G-Goodnight, Snow" He said. He then left.