Chapter 42 The Name

Snow POV

“Oh my God, he’s so cute!” Miko exclaimed. I chuckled at her excitement. I was finally able to move but still needed to stay in berth to allow my body to heal completely.

“Congratulations, Snow. I’m happy for you” Smokescreen said, padding my shoulder. I looked at him and nodded.

“Thanks, Smokescreen. Thank you, Miko” I replied. I looked down at my sparkling.

“So… What is the name, Snow?” I heard Raf ask. I immediately looked up to look at him. 

“Hmm? The name?” I asked. He nodded.

“What are you going to name him?” He asked. I looked at him before looking down at my sparkling. I didn’t know what name to give him yet. I really didn’t think about that, so that left me with the question…

‘What name am I going to give my sparkling?’ I thought.

“Snow” I heard my name being called. I looked up to see the kids looking at me. I also saw that Smokescreen was looking at me. I think they were all waiting for me to reply, but I couldn’t because I didn’t have a name yet. 

“You have a name, right? Or you don’t?” Jack asked. I shook my helm.

“I don’t, Jack. I really never thought about it until now” I replied. He nodded.

“Well, then you all know what time it is” Miko said. She had a wide smile on her face of excitement. 

“Oh, no” Jack said, covering his face with his hand. I looked at him before looking at Smokescreen, who also had a confused expression on his face. We didn’t understand what was going on. 

“Time? Time for what?” Smokescreen asked. Miko looked at him, and with a large smile on her face, she replied.

“It’s time to look for a name to give to Snow’s sparkling!” Miko yelled,  jumping up and down. I chuckled.

“Miko, I don’t think that’s a good idea. We are not the ones that should be naming Snow’s sparkling. She’s the one that’s supposed to name it. Not us” Jack said. 

“Awww! But…” Miko began, but that’s when Bulkhead, Arcee, and Bumblebee showed up. It was time for the kids to go home. Miko complained at first but soon agreed to leave.

“Bye, Snow” Jack said, running to Arcee’s alt-mode.

“Bye, Jack” I said before they drove away.

“See you tomorrow, Snow” Raf said, getting inside of Bumblebee’s alt-mode to leave as well. I nodded just as they left.

“I hope to hear the sparkling’s name when we come back tomorrow” Miko told me. I nodded with a smile.

“Okay, Miko” I said. She nodded before leaving with Bulkhead's alt-mode. It was now only Smokescreen and I.

“So, do you have a name for the sparkling?” Smokescreen asked. I shook my helm.

“I don’t. I really don’t know what I should name him” I said, looking down at my sleeping sparkling.  

“Hey, It’s okay. Something will come up soon. You don’t have to name him right away, but just remember that he needs a name” Smokescreen said. I nodded. He stayed with me for a couple of hours more before it got too late, and he had to leave to recharge. I was now alone in the med-bay with my sparkling. I looked at him and thought out loud.

“What should I name you, Sweety?” I asked.

I never thought about it until now. This was a really hard decision. Well, it’s not, but for me it is. I sighed. Just then, I saw my little sparkling wiggle in my arms. I looked down at him and watched him wake up. I smiled when his bright red color optics opened. 

“Hey, Sweety” I said, rocking him in my arms. He looked at me, and with a smile, he began reaching my face with his small little servos. I chuckled and allowed them to touch my face. I then heard footsteps, so I raised my helm and saw Ratchet entered the med-bay. 

“How are you feeling, Snow?'' He asked.

“Better than when I woke up” I replied. He nodded. He then walked over to me with a scanner.

“I will scan you, and the sparkling one last time to check your guy's health, then you could go back to your room” He said. I nodded. He then scanned me first before scanning my sparkling. He checked both of our health on the computer before telling me that we were both good and could leave, but told me to take it easy so I won't reopen my wound. 

“Okay, Ratchet. Thank you. See you tomorrow” I said. He nodded.

I went back to my room with my sparkling. Just then, my sparkling began to cry out of nowhere. I knew he was hungry, so I put him down and grabbed a small Energon cube. I then walked back to the berth and picked him up. I slowly gave him the Energon to not drop it.

I watched him drink the Energon with love in my eyes. I chuckled when he began drinking way too fast so I had to remove the Energon cube to stop him from choking on it before giving it back to him so he could keep drinking it

“I see that someone was really hungry” I said. 

Finally, he was done. I put the cube down and then pad his back until he burped. I then walked to my berth and laid down with my sparkling next to him. I watched him roll on the berth until he was staring at me. I chuckled when he began to laugh while trying to reach me. I allowed him to grab my servo and watch him hug it with both his tiny arms then yawn. 

“I don’t know what the future has for us, Sweety” I started while bringing him closer to me.

“But... Whatever it is. I promise to always be by your side. I promise that I will be the best Carrier in the universe to you. And I promise to protect you no matter what” I said, kissing his little forehead.

“I love you…” I began.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“DarkNight” I ended with a smile.