[2nd] Chapter 49 Trapped

Snow POV

“Carrier”

“...”

“Carrier”

I groaned. I woke up with a really bad headache and a bad taste of dirt on my mouth. I immediately cough a couple of times until I finally had rid of all dirt from my mouth. I opened my optics and saw DarkNight next to me with tears on his small optics. 

“Why are you crying, Sweety?” I asked. I was so confused. I didn’t know what was going until it hit me like a rock. I remembered what happened, so I immediately sat up.

“DarkNight, Sweety. You’re alright” I said, hugging him. He immediately hugged me back.

Just then, I remembered about Smokescreen, so I quickly looked around and found him. I quickly stood up and ran to him with DarkNight. 

“Smokescreen!” I yelled. I immediately put DarkNight down then began to shake Smokescreen.

“Smokescreen… Smokescreen... Please… Wake up” I said. He didn’t wake up. I was beginning to lose hope that was until he coughed multiple times in a role and finally opened his optics.

“Snow?” He asked.

“Yes, Smokescreen. It’s me” I said.

“And Megatron?” He asked. I turned to where Megatron should be, but only saw rocks.

“Trapped underneath the rocks” I replied. He nodded. He then tried to sit up, but ended up groaning in pain and fell back down.

“Be careful, Smokescreen. You’re still hurt” I said.

I laid him on a rock so he could be sitting up instead of laying down on the ground. I immediately began to tend to his chest injury, which thanks Primus didn’t get his spark, but it was really close to getting it.

“I’m sorry, Smokescreen” I said.

“Huh? What are you apologizing for?” He asked.

“This is all my fault. I should have just let Megatron take me, and maybe you wouldn’t have gotten hurt, or we wouldn’t be trapped in a cave right now” I said. I felt hot tears form in my optics. 

Just then, I then felt someone's servo land on my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw Smokescreen holding my face.

“Listen, Snow. This is not your fault. You didn’t do anything wrong” He said.

“But…” I began, but he cut me off short.

“No Buts. This is not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. This is Megatron’s fault, not yours. He’s the one that did this to you” He said. I sighed and finally shakily nodded. He nodded back. Just then, he began to cough violently. I panicked. 

“Smokescreen!” I yelled. He groaned. I panicked when I saw more and more Energon surrender him. He was losing a lot of Energon and fast. I needed to take him back to base and fast, or he might die.

“Oh, my Primus, Smokescreen. We need to get out of here. You’re losing a lot of Energon. We need to get you back to base immediately” I said. 

I stood up and left DarkNight with Smokescreen then began to move rocks to try to make a path to get out of here, but no matter how many rocks I move, more just continue to pile up. 

“Snow. Stop. Stop, Snow. You won’t be able to move all the rocks in time” Smokescreen said.

“No! I won’t let you die here!” I yelled. I continued to move rocks, but deep down, I knew he was right. I was not strong enough to move bigger rocks, so if I come across one that I couldn’t move, then I will have to start again through a different path.

Just then, I heard Smokescreen groaned. I looked back and saw him trying to stand up, so I immediately ran to him to stop him.

“What are you doing, Smokescreen? Don’t stand up!” I yelled. I helped him sit back down, but just as I was about to go back, he stopped me.

“Smokescreen?” I asked.

“Snow. Please. Stop. Save yourself and DarkNight. I’m a lost cause” He said.

“I won’t stop. Not until we are safe. I promise that we are all making it out of here alive” I said, tears forming in the back of my optics. I wanted to cry so bad because I knew what I said might not come true.

“Snow, I’m sorry. I wish I could tell you that everything will be alright, but we both know I won’t make it. I already lost a lot of Energon” He said. I shook my helm.

“No, Smokescreen. Please. Don’t say that. You will make it” I said, tears already falling from my optics. I saw him sighed.

Just then, DarkNight put his little servos on Smokescreen’s chest. I looked at DarkNight and could tell that he knew something was not right, and that’s why he was looking at us with a confused expression on his little face. I heard Smokescreen chucked at DarkNight. He then caresses DarkNight’s helm.

“I’m sorry, buddy. I wish I could have seen you grow up to be a strong warrior one day, but I don’t think that will be possible anymore. Please. Take care of your Carrier for me” He said. I cried. I then watched Smokescreen change his gaze from DarkNight to me and smile sadly at me.

“I’m sorry, Snow. I really am. I wanted so much to be with you for the rest of my life, but it looks like that won’t be possible anymore” He said.

“I’m sorry, Smokescreen. If only you never met me, then this would have never happened” I said.

“Yeah, but then I wouldn’t know what a wonderful Femme you are” He said. I chuckled.

“I also have something else to tell you before I die” He said. I looked at him with a sad expression.

“And what is that?” I asked. He smiled. He then grabbed my face and pulled it forward, and kissed me.  I felt my optics go wide. I was so shocked, but then gave it and kissed him back. We then separated after a long and deep kiss. 

“I love you, Snow” he said. I then watched his optics turn a light grey. I felt my optics go wide.

“No! Smokescreen! No!” I yelled, crying so hard. I buried my face in Smokescreen’s chest. I don’t know for how long I cried, but just then, I saw the cave begin to shake violently. 

“What?” I asked.

Just then, I heard a loud explosion. I covered my face when I saw smoke go everywhere. I also covered DarkNight’s face, not wanting him to get dirt on his little optics. I opened my optics and saw a hole on the wall, and on that hole was… 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS?