Rage

Have some beautiful bonding! 

                                                                  Author's POV

"What Y/N how can you be so ready to die?!" Lance barked. They were now racing towards the planet but becoming occupied with fighter ships every few seconds. They were not going to make it in time. "Y/N I am begging you to listen to us!" Keith roared, tears now flooded from his eyes. "Tell my mom I'm sorry" Y/N whispered.

Y/N's POV

Adrenaline floods through my system like it's on an intravenous drip. I think my heart will explode right out of my body; it's beating so violently. The massive ship stares at me. It is taunting me, belittling my very being. I hopped off Ivana, running closer as rage seeped into my soul, unannounced and gnarly.

Author's POV

Y/N's vision blurred as a flame curled in the pit of her stomach. Her E/C eyes morphed to a sky blue. The whites were also radiating that same colour. The carving of the scythe she gripped so tightly shone brightly in the palm of her hand. Her feet planted to the ground as she squared her shoulders, the cool breeze playing with Y/N's hair.

Memories flashed before her eyes as Y/N recounted every tear, concealed emotion, infliction of pain she had felt because of Zarkon, Haggar. The memories weighed down on her, but instead of breaking, Y/N's heart turned ice cold and slunk into the shadows as her wrath took complete control. The flames in her stomach rose to her chest and crawling through her veins, took over the rest of Y/N's body. The term anger, barely even touched the tip of the volcano that she so clearly was in that moment. She threw her scythe-wielding hand forward. Bitterness dripped from her eyes.

Keith's POV

"Even if we went at full speed we would never get to Y/N on time with all these fighters!" Pidge yelled. Another river of fire erupted from my lion, demolishing the fighters in front of us. I could see Linkitos, but we were too far away to do anything.

Zarkon's ships began to advance towards Y/N. Dread creeps down my spine like a careful spider leaving a trail of silk. My stomach is full of lead; my feet, set in concrete; my mind is worryingly empty except for one thing.

What if she dies?

 "I can't reach Y/N she must have tossed her helmet!" Allura yells "Find out if you can see what she's doing!" Shiro commands. My breath hitches as an image of Y/N is on a screen. Her feet were rooted to the spot. Blue tears readily flowed down her cheeks as she glared at the ships in front of her—a shiver ripples through me. I push my thruster harder, further.

Lance's POV

We were too late.

A pillar of dark blue energy shot into the black atmosphere. A clump of 5 rays of pentagon-shaped energy stuck out at the sides, bleeding into one another. Not a moment later a blindingly bright dome belched into the air towards Zarkon's ship.

It left smoke rings gently floating in the air that, writhing into all kinds of shapes and sizes. My heart practically stopped. Y/N's eyes illuminated in the dark setting. Vein-like- lines pulsate with light, trailing across her skin. She levitated a few feet from the ground. It was as if she was looking at us. Any emotion had evaporated from her face as her eyes narrowed, rigid, cold. 

I love the smell of angst at 12:34 in the afternoon

Waffle~