'Let's kick Lotor's a-' 'language'

This song makes me cry

What the paladins (who were otherwise engaged) didn't realise were the blobs of colour floating through the air. All of sudden 6 powerful roars ripped through the air. 'Took you long enough' Y/N playfully snapped at L/N, who growled before descending down and onto the ground just behind the trio.

'quiet, child'.

                                                Y/N's POV 

I rolled my eyes but happily raced up to L/N. She swallowed me up, and before I knew it I was in the cockpit of my lion. "Lance, Pidge. You guys in your lions?" The two chirped out 'yes'. 

 "let's burn these suckers to the ground!" Pidge screamed.

                                                          Author's POV 

Keith panted heavily before thrusting his sword out from a nearby soldier and admired the crude oil decorating the bayard. Red growled lowly. 

"Took your time huh" Keith muttered 

'Hush child'

"Odios mios" Rachel gasped, rubbing her eyes before staring at the six lions. Soon after, the Cuban girl followed Keith meekly into red only to marvelled at the decorative interior. 

"Lance, where Y/N?" Keith snapped, impatiently waiting for an answer. "I'm here!" Y/N chirped, Keith let out a grateful sigh before glaring at Lotor's galra cruiser. "Let's kick Lotor's a-" 

"Language". 

Shiro's voice rang through the comms followed by Hunk, who let out a breathless 'hi guys'. 

"Now team, Form Voltron!" 

                                      *Doop doop forming voltron* 

Voltron stood proudly, overlooking Lotor's galra ship. 

                                                    *Now with Lotor*

The galra prince sat on his throne, he had been helped out of the sand and scrambled back into the ship the first chance he got. 

"Sendak, fire the ion cannons at Voltron". 

The commander quirked a brow  "sire, we know Princess Y/N is in here. We could potentially kill her as well as the other paladins- "

"I do not care anymore, I want them all DEAD!"Lotor screeched, his eye twitching.

"Yes sire, fire the ion cannons at Voltron!" 

                                                 *Back with Voltron* 

"Form sword!" 

In an instant Voltron had a red broadsword in its hand. "Now strike!" The robot's legs began to run towards the galra ship, Voltrons left hand rose ready to strike. 

Suddenly a purple beam shot out from  Lotor's ship and into Voltron's chest to throw them off balance, the sword retracting back inside the red lion.

The eight (including Queen M/N) grunted from the impact and looked to see an ion "Is that an ion cannon?!" Hunk shrieked, his eyes widening at the purple cannon. 

"I guess so- Incoming!" 

In the nick of time Voltron jumped out of the way from another beam from the machine. 

"Pidge shield now!" 

A neon blue shield materialised on Voltron's left hand, only for two more bolts to crash into the shield. The team grunted once again. "We can't keep going like this, the shields gonna break!" Pidge frantically yelled. 

And as luck would have it. The shield began to fracture and splinter with each passing second. 

Shiz nuts. 

"Here's the plan" Shiro started 

                                                                  Y/N's POV 

"Oh dear lord, not another plan" I heard my mother grumble, somewhere on the ship. 

I rolled my eyes as Shiro explained the plan. "Pidge, lower the shield when I say to and Keith strike the moment the shield down. Got it?" They hummed in agreement just as another bolt began to regenerate from the cannon. 

"On my mark" Shiro murmured. We waited in anticipation. Suddenly, a pure ball of energy flew towards us speedily. 

"Wait for it". 

 "Now!" Shiro yelled. In an instant, Pidge lowered the shield only for the Voltron to lurch forward. 

The blade of the broadsword glinted in the scorching sun before slicing down on the ion cannon with an almighty whoosh! My eyes widened as the cannon fizzed and sparked before sputtering out. 

Voltron turned around to avoid the blast. Hunk cheered loudly as the rest of us were still in shock "we...won we actually won!" 

As if to prove him wrong a wiring sounded from behind us. Lance groaned nervously "so Hunk you may wanna-" 

"No, we won that's the end of it there is nothing they can do".

Voltron nervously turned around to see a bigger, much more brutal looking ion cannon. The modifications included huge spikes and two more holes for what I guessed was more bolts of energy. 

                                                 Lotor's POV 

A maniacal laugh left my lips. 

"I did say ion cannons" 

One to two more chapters and this book is gonna come to an end!

Waffle~