Helpless

Lance's POV

I stood their, frozen. Questions filled my brain as the urge to scream built up in me. My heart constricts as my lips part to say something. 

But I've forgotten what. My eyes are open, and my legs feel like jelly. A tear slides down my cheek which I hastily wipe away. I want to shed an onslaught of tears, crumble and ask questions. But I won't, not in front of the team anyway.

I heard a sob coming from Pidge, following with footsteps running from the room. Hunk runs after her, and I hear Allura talking, but what she's saying, I'm unable to comprehend. 

Before I know it a warm, steady hand is placed on my shoulder "Lance the others have left I can watch Y/N for you". 

I shake my head, not even looking behind me. "No" "Bu-" "No" I reply without thinking. Shiro sighs before walking off, his footsteps growing quieter with each passing moment. I sit and stare. I put my head in one hand, fixating my eyes on Y/N's unconscious state.

"Why did you do this?" I whispered. Drawing my knees to my chest, I rested my head on my knees, keeping my gaze on Y/N. "It's not even been a few hours, and I already miss you."Suddenly the pod door opened. I yelped in shock as Y/N came tumbling out. I caught her, but her eyes didn't open. Her complexion. She held no emotion. With trembling hands, my fingers touch her heart.

There is no beat.

My vision goes blurry as a fiery feeling spreads through my eyes. "No" I whisper. Almost on cue, the teams footsteps fill the room. "Lance, what's going on!?" Hunk yells. I couldn't even choke the words out as I just hold Y/N's body. 

Chocked sobs escape my lips as grief fills me. The spark of hope that once filled me blown out with a cruel wind—reduced to a dying ember. My mind was like an icy wasteland. She's gone.

Keith's POV

My feet pick up and leave the room, slamming the door. I slide down the wall as my mouth aches; a raw cry fell from my mouth. Everything is a blur.

I had mastered the art of being alone. Now the all too familiar feeling of heartache is back. I have lost too many people for Y/N to leave. Tears spill endlessly down my cheeks. I feel so helpless. So empty.

Author's POV

Keith collapsed to his knees, putting his face into his hands and sobbing. Salty river rushed down his complexion, soaking his neck.

His hands grabbed his torso as he shook. Keith loves Y/N with a burning passion. You had to be a moron not to realise that. Even though his screams of pure grief were muffled by as pillow every atom, every fibre of Keith ached, burnt, screeched.

Y/N is gone. 

Soooo Y/N's dead now.  

Waffle