Chapter 5: Jury Fury

After hours of rest at the motel, Tommy decided to talk to Ken again. He was now seen driving in his Infernus through the evening town. It was still taking him a while to get used to the place, but aside from strange people he has come across, the rest of the city was a serene vibe.

Tommy pulled to a park in front of Ken's office in Washington Beach and exited the vehicle. He walked into the building and

Inside the office, Ken was sound asleep inside on the couch, and as Tommy walked in, he slowly opened the door and slammed it shut behind him with all his might, scaring Ken out of his sleep.

"Aaah!" Ken shouted as he sat up. "Oh, for god's sake, it's you!" Tommy just started laughing his head off.

"Oh, Jeez - I'm gonna need new pants!" Ken complained as he stared down at the seat of his pants. He then sat up and walked around the room.

"Hey, those psychos from up north - they've been on the horn, and they're coming down here soon," Ken told Tommy. "Now where is the goddamn money?!"

"Relax, relax," Tommy told him. "We're not at that part yet."

"Ohhh... I thought that you were taking care of this, I really did!" Ken whined, taking some material from the book shelf. "And now those guidos say we gotta do them a favor."

"You mean I gotta do 'em a favor," Tommy corrected.

"Oh, of course that's what I mean," Ken replied, pacing around from behind his desk. "Do I look like I can intimidate a jury? I couldn't intimidate a child - and believe me, I've tried. Now, look. It's either that, or Forelli's cousin, Giorgio, gets five years for fraud. You gotta take these guys OUT!"

"I understand," Tommy told him casually. "Help the jury change their minds. Don't worry about it." He then began to walk away.

"No no no no no - NO!" Ken shouted, panicking. "I tried that. The jury case didn't go so well, so MAKE them change their minds."

Tommy just shook his head and walked away. "Alright, more crap to wipe up," Tommy muttered to himself. "What did I do wrong in a past life?"

Oh yeah, Tommy then thought. Now I remember.

Tommy walked outside to watch a Glendale running over a man in an orange suit, causing him to drop his hammer. Tommy just chuckled in surprise.

"Dumb... Florida... moron," he muttered

He walked over to the hammer lying on the ground and picked it up by the man's corpse. He then walked to his parked Infernus and hopped inside.

At least the guy didn't damage my ride, Tommy thought.

He started the engine and drove down the road. The evening sky was a nice mix of red and bright orange. The wind flowed quietly through the air. Tommy drove around Ocean Beach and saw the first juror hanging by the front of the building next to his blue Admiral talking to an African American woman wearing a pink bikini.

As Tommy came to a park, he slowly exited the vehicle and approached the man, who then ran to his Admiral and hopped inside the second he saw Tommy. He started to drive, but crashed into a Spand Express truck. This gave Tommy the right opportunity to use the hammer to damage the vehicle

"Hey, man! My car!" the juror complained as Tommy continued smashing the vehicle. "Leave my damn car alone, man! Yo, man, I still got payments to make on this! I can't believe this is happening! Oh please, God, someone help me!"

Tommy ignored the juror's pleas and continued smashing the vehicle, shattering the glass on the windows and denting the doors and hood.

"You know he's not guilty," Tommy told the juror coldly and calmly, which prompted the juror to hop out of his vehicle and run away.

One down, last one to go, Tommy thought.

So he hopped back into his vehicle and drove around the city. He drove through Washington Beach and made his way through Vice Point, where he spotted a blue high-rise building and a red Sentinel parked in front of the building. He drove up the slope and put his vehicle on park, welding his hammer to destroy the next vehicle. With the hammer, Tommy repeatedly slammed against the car, shattering the windows and windshield and denting the hood and trunk.

The juror came out just in time to spot Tommy damaging his vehicle and stared at him in intimidation. "I-I can't believe this is happening!" the juror stammered vociferously.

"You remember Giorgio?!" Tommy demanded the juror. "You remember he's innocent!"

The juror just ran away in fear, genuinely intimidated by Tommy's rampage.

Well it looks like my work here is done – for now, Tommy thought.

He checked the time on his watch. It was now 8:36 PM. Tommy felt that it was time to go back to the Ocean View Motel to get some shuteye.

As Tommy sat on the bed in the motel room thinking, he heard his cellphone ring. So he pulled it out of his pocket to answer.

"Hey Tommy, it's Sonny," he heard Sonny say over the phone. "How's the sun tan?"

"I ain't got no sun tan," Tommy replied.

"Well, you ain't got my money, either," Sonny retorted. "So I'm wondering to myself, what are you doing? So, tell me, Tommy, what are you doing?"

"I'm looking for the money, Sonny," Tommy told his boss. "Don't worry."

"I am worrying, Tommy," Sonny said. "That's my style, because I seem to have this problem in my life with unreliable people. Don't be an unreliable person, Tommy, please. Do us both a favor. I'm looking forward to hearing from you."

Tommy just shook his head and stored the cellphone onto the nightstand beside the bed. He wasn't in the mood to deal with Sonny at this point. So he slid off his sneakers, lay onto the bed, and fell asleep. It was going to be another long day for him tomorrow.