Chapter 19: Cannon Fodder

Minutes later, Tommy was seen back in Café Robina sitting at the counter enjoying his meal. He was really beginning to like the cuisine he was served at the café.

"Un cafecito, por favor, Alberto?" Tommy asked Alberto in Spanish.

"No problema, Tommy," Alberto replied, serving him more of the order.

Just then, Umberto burst inside the café, looking rather tense and shaken. His trepidation caused him to perspire. He turned to Alberto.

"Papi!" he called to his father as the latter and Tommy stepped to the former. "Una grande problema!"

"Umberto, my son. What happened?" Alberto asked his son.

"The Haitians!" Umberto growled all of a sudden, steamed with fury. "I hate these Haitians! They mess with me for the last time! These Hai - these Haitians! We take 'em out! Only we need some backup!"

He then turned to Tommy. "I lost a few hermanos already out there!" Umberto explained. "Amigo, you drive good!"

"For a woman, right?" Tommy replied facetiously.

"This is no time for joking!" Umberto responded seriously. "Come on, drive for me again! Take my boys over there! They mess with me! They mess with the biggest boy in town!"

Without another word, Tommy exited the café and met three more Cubans standing by a white Greenwood. " We gonna fight like men," the Cuban declared as he and the other two entered the Greenwood. Tommy hopped inside the driver's seat and started driving straight ahead. He made a left turn and drove straight down the road. Through multiple turns around the quiet city Tommy finally made it to Little Haiti. He pulled to a stop in front of the Well Stacked Pizza restaurant to drop off the three Cubans to meet up with the other Cubans by the alleyway.

The three Cubans and Tommy hopped out of the vehicle to walk over to the rest of the Cubans. They were all armed with Uzi 9mm's. "Hey amigo!" Rico greeted the three. "Good to see you could make it! Stinking nest of Haitains! We gonna kill them all! CHAAAAAARGE!"

So they faced the alleyway and fired as many bullets as they could at the Haitians up ahead. Tommy himself made no hesitation as he used his Kruger to fire a number of bullets at the Haitians as well. Each Haitian member dropped dead one by one, and the distant alleyway was clear.

"Now, my brothers, CHAAARRRGGEE!" Rico declared vociferously.

But unfortunately, as three of the Cubans charged inside the factory walls, all of them were shot dead from a distance. Rico then looked up to learn why.

"Sniper on the roof!" Rico warned loudly, staring at the sniper on the roof. "They fight like girls! Take cover!"

So the rest of the gang quickly hid behind the walls as Rico pulled out his cellphone to make a call. "We need reinforcements from the café!" he declared.

It didn't take long for a taxi cab to arrive at the scene and drop four more Cubans off. The back-up gangsters met up with Rico and the others.

"Take out that cowardly sniper," Rico demanded.

So Tommy slowly crept out from behind the wall and barely dodged the sniper's shot as he ran to the side. Luckily, Tommy was offered a sniper rifle himself by one of the Cubans and continued shimmying through the wall. He slowly crept out and aimed at the sniper on top of the roof. The Sniper was a Haitian gangster wearing a white helmet on his head. So Tommy managed to aim for the Sniper's crotch and pulled the trigger, causing the sniper to drop his sniper rifle and grabbing onto his crotch, which was bleeding profusely. He dropped to his knees and slowly bled to death.

"Nice shot, man!" Rico congratulated Tommy.

The Cubans and Tommy then made their way through the factory walls and took out three more Haitian gangs just up ahead. They finally made it inside the factory, where the Haitians were waiting on them.

"Now we fight like men with huge cojones!" Rico declared.

And the shootout between the two gangs began. Tommy ducked behind the Haitians' blue van to avoid the flying bullets and used his Kruger to fire back at the Haitians along with the Cubans. The shootout lasted for a minute and twenty seconds, with every bullet flying and hitting the walls and windows.

After Tommy and the Cubans killed the Haitians, Rico and the other Cubans cheered in victory.

"Tommy, we have proved our manful bravery," Rico told Tommy. "Let us steal this van filled with drugs and make good our escape!"

So Tommy hopped inside the van, along with the other Cubans, and drove out of the factory. He drove through the alleyway of the factory walls and made a right turn on Little Haiti to ride as fast as he could before any Haitian gangsters started to chase after.

Unfortunately, Tommy had bigger problems to worried about: the VCPD. He saw that the cops were chasing after him and the Cubans. So he stomped on the gas pedal with all his might and drove faster out of Little Haiti, not focusing on the police cars chasing after him. Tommy made quick sharp turns as he escaped to shake the police off of him and finally made it through Little Havana.

Eventually, Tommy finally made it to the café, and the rest of the Cubans hopped out of the van. Tommy was satisfied that he was able to complete another task unscathed and thought he wouldn't need to run more errands. But that changed when he heard his cellphone ringing and he pulled it out of his pocket to answer.

"Tommy," he heard a woman with a Haitian accent say over the phone. "'Nuf dead man been chattin' about you, my dear. Thought you might need something to make you feel better. So Auntie Poulet make you some stew, aye? Come by me kitchen some time, ok Tommy?"

Tommy just hung up the phone and slowly stored it inside his pocket. What was the Haitian calling him for? And why did she wanted him to come over? Without any more questions, Tommy just turned the van around and drove off on his way to Little Haiti.