Chapter 31: All Hands On Deck

Tommy looked out of the window of the hotel room the next day. He was still very outraged at Lance for ruining his plan to take out Diaz, and now it was up to him to improvise before Diaz had a chance to send his goons after the two. Tommy just hoped that Diaz's goons wouldn't try to sneak into the hospital to try to take out Lance there.

Tommy then heard his cellphone ring and walked over to the nightstand to grab it. He answered the cellphone and put it over his ear.

"Tommy, Thomas, it's Cortez," Tommy heard Colonel Cortez answer over the phone. "Look, the French are giving me all kinds of trouble, amigo. Damn hypocrites. They spend a hundred years stealing from poor countries and they call me a thief! I am going to need your help as soon as possible, amigo. So please hurry, Tommy, I need you, alright? I hate the damn French."

"I'm on my way, Cortez," Tommy replied.

He stored his cellphone back inside his pocket and decided to return to the Ocean Bay Marina to meet the colonel. He exited the room and headed down the stairs. He looked around the lobby, where "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood was playing in the background. Little did Tommy know, this would be his last time at the Ocean View Hotel.

Tommy hopped inside his Cheetah and started the engine. He put the vehicle in drive and drove down the road. The clouds in the sky receded up above, giving room for the sun to shine brightly above, and the cars move steadily on the road.

Tommy took the curvy path around Ocean Beach and made a left turn on the Ocean Bay Marina, where he drove through the parking lot area. He exited his vehicle and ran over to the yacht on the side of the dock, which he hopped onto to meet the colonel himself.

"Circumstances force a hasty departure, amigo," Cortez announced to Tommy.

"What's the problem?" Tommy asked Cortez.

"Ehh, the French want their missile technology back and after that last incident," Cortez informed. "I feel it is time to find safer harbors."

"Wouldn't it be safer to fly?" Tommy wondered.

"I'd be dead before I reached check-in," Cortez answered. "Besides, I need to get my merchandise out of the country."

"Need another gun?" Tommy asked eagerly.

"You, my friend, are worth ten guns... " Cortez told Tommy.

So it turned out that the French secret service, otherwise known as the GIGN and the DGSE, have discovered that Cortez sent the courier to swipe the chips for the missile technology, and now they were demanding them to be returned. So Tommy had to protect Cortez's yacht from the secret service from getting attacked before it had a chance to escape.

Tommy was given a Kruger to hold them back as Cortez's yacht started pulling away deep in the ocean. Tommy then caught a glimpse of a couple of black Washingtons arrive at the parking lot of the Ocean Bay Marina. Out hopped the French secret service agents dressed in black suits.

Tommy watched as he saw them all hop in four separate boats: the Speeder, the Rio, the Tropic, and the Dinghy. The four boats then started chasing after Cortez's yacht firing with their assault rifles at it.

"Port side!" one of Cortez's members announced loudly. "Port side!"

Tommy showed no hesitation as he fired at each of the four boats at a time, starting with the Rio, which was driving to the left side. Cortez's men also followed suit and fired at the four boats in different directions.

"They're attacking from starboard!" one of them bellowed.

Tommy paid attention to the Rio on the left side of Cortez's yacht and just simply aimed for the driver and the passenger, killing them both each.