Chapter 42: Love Juice

The next day, Tommy decided to take a solo drive around the city. It was only 1:15 PM, and it was already looking nice outside for Tommy. His mood, however, was interrupted by his cellphone ringing in his pocket. As Tommy came to a red light at Washington Beach, he pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Tommy, it's me, Lance," he heard Lance answer through the phone. "Keep your mouth shut there Tommy, 'cause I ain't got time to talk. I ain't interested in what you got to say. Why should I be? You don't care about me, do you? You gotta look after me a bit better. Give me a fair slice, you know... "

Tommy stared shaking his head. At this point, Lance was starting to sound paranoid.

"Tommy... oh, look, man, I'm sorry," Tommy heard Lance apologizing, trying to calm down. "It's just that... People patronize me all my life, treat me like a little kid. My brother would do that. Please, man, don't do that. I gotta go."

As Lance hung up, Tommy just sighed in frustration. Lance sounded paranoid and unable to trust anyone he would work for. But Tommy knew he had to worry about that later, because he heard his cellphone ring again and answered it.

"Tommy son, have I got a surprise for you," he heard Paul say over the phone. "I'm down at the recording studios with some major artists. Why don't you pay us a visit? You know it makes sense, dontcha? See ya later."

As the light turned green, Tommy hung up the phone and continued driving down the road of Washington Beach and down the road through Vice Point. he made a left turn on the other end of the road leading to Prawn Island and took the bridge leading to Downtown.

Tommy saw the V-Rock Recording Studio just far up ahead and pulled his vehicle to a park in front of the building once he finally made it there. Tommy exited the car and walked through the front entrance of the building.

Inside the recording studio, Jezz was inside the sound booth performing his vocals on the microphone, and Kent Paul and the rest of the members of Love Fist were behind the sound system watching. "AllllllllRrrighttt!" Jezz sang at the top of his lungs.

"Yessss!" Paul cheered, clapping. "Brilliant, bloody brilliant!"

He then turned to his left to see Tommy walk in just in time. "Hey, Tommy!" Paul called to him, hopping out of his seat. "Glad you could make it. Hey, you ever met Love Fist before?"

"No, I haven't," Tommy admitted, "but I've always loved your music."

"Let me introduce you to the band," Paul replied, guiding Tommy to meet the other members.

The first member he introduced Tommy to wore a red sleeveless shirt over tight matching pants and had a hair metal style second member was sitting on the black couch sporting red hair and had on a blue-and-white striped T-shirt over a red-and-green kilt. Paul introduced each member in that order

"This is Percy, Dick, and Willy's in the kaze, and that was Jezz in the booth earlier," Paul greeted the other members to Tommy, "and guys, I want you to meet a good friend of mine. This is Tommy. We go way back."

Jezz stepped out of the booth to meet the other two. "All right, pal," Jezz replied. "And eh, what was your name again?" He turned to walk away to meet the other band members.

"Leave it out, Jezz," Paul told him. "You, remember - don't be playing them games with me, mate, I'm too crafty for that, sunshine!"

Paul turned to face Tommy. "You see, the thing is, Tom," Paul started to explain, "the boys need some help. They ain't too connected here, they don't have the old 'how's your father?"

"We need some drugs, pal!" Jezz chimed in. "Gonna get on the old Love Fist fury, you know?!"

"Well, this is Vice City, man," Tommy replied. "What's the problem?"