Chapter 61: Treat 'Em Right

Night had now fallen, and the Pole Position Club was replete with strippers and patrons, with the men throwing money at the strippers dancing on the poles on stage. The song "Obsession" by Animotion was playing in the background. Tommy and Love Giant were both sitting at the table to watch.

"Now this is the good life," Love Giant told Tommy. "We got the music, the drinks, and the bitches."

"Not to mention the profits we're making," Tommy added.

"Indeed," Love Giant replied. "Though my mother doesn't approve of this, she ain't done nothing to stop me."

"Your mother?" Tommy asked.

"Yes," Love Giant said. "I'm still at my folks' place. You see, I could never get a good job of my own and was short on cash. So I decided to just make money my way and decided to own this strip joint. I made a good amount of money since then, and now that you came to purchase the place, we're gonna be rolling up on top. It would be enough for my career."

"Your career, huh?" Tommy asked.

"Yep," Love Giant. "You see, my dream is to become a DJ on a radio station. I always enjoyed the music during my time and wanted a career on the radio to play my favorite tracks."

"You'd definitely make a much better DJ than a pimp," Tommy told him facetiously.

Love Giant started laughing at Tommy's remark. "Good one, Tom," he cheered in laughter. Then he slowly stopped laughing and realized what Tommy was implying. "Hey," he uttered.

Just then, Mercedes arrived to face Tommy. "Hola, handsome," Mercedes greeted, smiling at Tommy.

"Mercedes," Tommy replied in surprise. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"I wanted to have some fun tonight," Mercedes replied. "But now that you are here, this just make my night even better. You mind if I sit right next to you?"

Tommy looked at Love Giant to see if it was okay with him. "You go on ahead and have a great time with your honey, Tom," Love Giant told him, slowly sliding out of his seat. "I'll be in the backroom getting my smash on."

As Love Giant started leaving out of sight, Tommy stared at Mercedes. "Sure," he answered. "Take a seat."

So Mercedes took a seat with Tommy at the table and glazed at him with her eyes. "So I heard you now own this place," she told Tommy.

"I am a busy man," Tommy told her. "But for tonight, I think you and I could get busy right now."

Mercedes just giggled. "I'd like that, Tommy," Mercedes replied. "I wish to make this a night to remember."

"So," Tommy started to ask, "how long you been out here in Vice City?"

"For about a year," Mercedes answered. "Somehow, it feels so boring out here. There's never anyone to talk to. But you seem to be the man that's really fun to be around."

"Well," Tommy replied, "I'd like to use the word "fun" loosely."

Mercedes just giggled. "I really love your sense of humor," she told him.

"So what did you come out here for?" Tommy asked her.

"To get a career," Mercedes answered. "My dream has always been to become an actress, and I just like to star in a role that best fits me."

"An actress, huh?" Tommy responded. "What role you plan on auditioning for?"

"Something that best describes me," Mercedes answered, flipping her hair behind her shoulders. "A model character."