Chapter 37: Gang Up

With the mansion newly built, Tommy and Lance took a view from on top of the roof the next morning. Their newly-built mansion was now a solace of their respite.

"Now it feels like a mansion," Lance told Tommy. "So we the new rulers of Vice City now, Tommy?"

"Not yet," Tommy told Lance. "We may have taken out many of Diaz's assassins and rebuilt this mansion in less than a week, but there's no way we're gonna bring them all down with just you and me."

"Okay," Lance replied. "So what are you suggesting, Tommy?"

"It's time we start our own gang," Tommy answered. "You can only go solo for so long until you finally get outnumbered. We need to start hiring some muscle to protect this here mansion."

"But we already have connections to allies out here, Tommy," Lance protested.

"Not good enough, Lance," Tommy told him. "If we want to take out any other rivals who want to take us out, we're gonna need a gang backing us up."

"You right, Tommy, my bad," Lance admitted. "So where do you think we'll find some guys to help create our own gang?"

"Leave that up to me," Tommy answered equivocally.

He turned to the stairwell to head back inside the mansion. Tommy knew exactly where to contact anyone else from another state in order to arrive here to form a gang for himself in Vice City.

Tommy and Lance made their way down the stairs and through the hallway of the second floor. They made a left turn on the other end and walked to the front office. Tommy took a seat in his chair behind the desk and opened the phone book that was sitting up front.

"I'll just contact as many guys as I can from Liberty City to recruit," Tommy said. "We'll need to contact the strongest members they've got."

As Tommy finally came to the mandatory page and read the prints, he finally picked up the phone on the desk and punched in the operator's number.

"Hello," the female operator answered over the phone, "how may I help you?"

"Yeah, operator," Tommy replied. "Name's Vercetti. I'm gonna need a lot mandatory numbers."

Soon, Tommy had finished contacted everybody he could get in touch to, and he and Lance were waiting out front just hours later until Tommy heard his cellphone ring. He pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Vercetti," Tommy answered."

"You're Mr. V," he heard a man with a thick Brooklyn accent speak over the phone.

"That's me," Tommy replied.

"Good to hear from you," the man told him over the phone. "Listen, we just arrived here at the airport and we was wondering if we could swing over to your mansion. We got the best guards for your place here. I'm over at the airport along with my buddies."

"I'm on my way," Tommy answered.

He hung up the phone and put it aside. Then he turned to Lance. "You heard him, Lance," he said. "The members of our newly-recruited gang are waiting for us at the airport. So we gotta get over there quickly."

So Tommy and Lance went inside the Sentinel, and Tommy started the engine. He rode down the driveway and made a left turn of Starfish Island and took the bridge leading to the other side of the island, where he made a left turn on the long road.

Tommy drove straight down right before making a right turn further down on Little Havana and straight to the Escobar International Airport.

Up in front of the building, Tommy saw several mobsters up front, wearing dress shirts in various patterns. He pulled up in front of them, and he and Lance exited the vehicle.