Chapter 76: Gold For Gold

The bar was now complete, and evening had fallen. Everyone had attended the bar: Avery, Kent Paul, Mitch Baker, Umberto, Donald, Ken, Phil (now with one arm), Cam, and even Mercedes, as well as multiple other guests. The arcade machines were working well. The televisions were clear and showed many sports programs, especially the MLB games. Everyone was ordering food and drinks. The place was just packed, and Tommy and Lance sat at the counter, with Mercedes sitting beside Tommy as well.

"This is a wonderful evening, handsome," she told Tommy.

"Sure is," Tommy replied.

"I'll be back," Mercedes told Tommy, getting out of her seat. "I got to powder my nose."

Tommy watched as Mercedes walked around the counter and up the stairs. Tommy and Lance just looked around as they sat adjacent to each other.

"I told you," Lance told Tommy. "All you need are a few decorations and plenty of food, and BAM! Your place is packed with a lot of patrons."

"Ain't that the truth?" Tommy replied. "We're living the high life now - no, not THAT kind of "high" - so it's our responsibility to live it to the fullest. After all, we own this town, and no one can take it away from us."

"Right," Lance said. "I wish my brother were alive to see this."

"But don't you have two brothers?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah, but he has asthma," Lance replied. "He'll be unable to breath walking over here, let alone attend a bar."

Lance then took his glass of champagne and gulped it down. "Besides, he ain't into the crime life me and Vic teamed up for two years ago," Lance continued.

"I guess you're right," Tommy told him.

Before the two could finish their conversation, Ken walked up between the two. "Guys!" he told the two. Ken was speaking rapidly to them. "Thisisamazing!" he said, running his mouth like a motor engine. "Imhavingthetimeofmyliferightnow! Imademyfirstbasketinthebasketballgame! I! Actually! Scored! For! The! First! Time! Ialsotriedthepacmanandgottothesecondlevel! Thisplaceisincredible! Areyougonnafinishthatdrink?! Ifnotthenletmehaveit! Ilovethedrinksinthisplace! Iloveeverythingaboutthisplace!"

Ken continue talking rapidly indistinctly as he walked away, and Tommy and Lance just stared back at him awkwardly.

"Does he always act like that?" Lance asked Tommy.

"Only when he's drunk," Tommy muttered.

Just then, they heard a noise from inside the walls. "Hey what is that?" Lance asked, hearing the sounds.

"It's coming from the walls," Tommy declared.

So he and Lance crept behind the walls and spotted a Caucasian skinny man with large blonde hair and makeup wearing a blue shirt and skintight leather pants taking some tokens out from behind the arcade machine.

"Hey!" Tommy growled.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lance demanded.

The man sprayed Tommy and Lance with dust, which got in their eyes and caused them to turn around to rub it out. As soon as Tommy and Lance cleared their eyes, they spotted the man running away with the bag of tokens.

"That asshole stole all the tokens out of the arcade machine!" Lance cried out.

"Come on!" Tommy told Lance. "We can't let him get away with this!"

So Tommy and Lance darted out of the bar and spotted the man hopping inside his red Cheetah and driving away.

"Shit!" Tommy grunted. "Get in the car!"

Tommy and Lance headed to the Infernus inside the garage and hopped inside. Tommy started the engine and sped out of the garage, chasing after the man who stole the tokens right down Ocean Drive.

"Be careful, Tommy!" Lance warned. "We're trying to take those tokens from him! You blow up his car, all the tokens that are in the bag will destroy along with it. That also means you can't knock his car into the ocean either."

"Well then it looks like it's time for me to try plan B," Tommy declared.

The chase continued through the road of Washington Beach, and Tommy was getting closer to the guy who stole the tokens from the arcade machines in the bar. There were no room for thieves in the bar, and if that were to happen, the business would be in jeopardy due to bankruptcy. As the chase continued through Vice Point, Tommy finally rammed the man's car to the left side, causing the man's vehicle to maneuver. Tommy and Lance quickly hopped out of the Infernus they were inside and walked over to the Cheetah. Tommy yanked the door open and snatched the man out of the vehicle.

"Give us the bag of tokens, pal!" Tommy growled at the man.

"I'll fight you for it!" the man replied, giving Tommy a hard kick to the groin.

Tommy released his grip and grunted in pain as he held on to his crotch. "Alright, tough guy!" Tommy growled furiously. "You asked for it!"

And soon, a fight between Tommy and the effeminate man had begun. The man threw about three punches to Tommy, who quickly countered the man's swings and attacked with subsequent blows to the face. The man swung at Tommy again, but Tommy just dodged the blow. He connected with a five-hit combo, striking the man in the face twice and the stomach three times. Soon, Tommy was throwing a fury of punches on the man and finally finished him off with a hard headbutt to the face, knocking him out cold.

"Great fight, Tommy," Lance congratulated. "That guy didn't stand a chance."

"Thanks," Tommy replied. "Now what do we do with this loser?"

"I know," Lance said. "Let's stuff him in the trunk of his own car and destroy it so it'll catch on fire."

"I'm down," Tommy said. "Grab his legs"

Tommy and Lance walked to the unconscious effeminate man and grabbed him by each side. They carried him to his vehicle and stuffed him inside the trunk. Lance grabbed the bag of tokens from the Cheetah and ran over to his Infernus. Tommy then hopped inside the cheetah and drove around the street wildly, purposely slamming into objects so the vehicle would get destroyed. Eventually, it finally caught on fire, and Tommy quickly drove through Washington Beach and jumped out right on time to watch the Cheetah roll over to the police station a few yards away and subsequently exploded.

Lance then arrived inside the Infernus to pull right up aside Tommy. "Get in, Tommy!" Lance called.

Tommy ran to the Infernus and took the driver's seat as Lance slid to the passenger seat. He drove away and headed back to the bar.

"Oooh, you destroyed the cop cars too?!" Lance cried out in awe. "You really got them good!"

"And we got our bag of tokens back," Tommy added. "Listen, Lance, your bar needs security. We don't want this happening again."

"Not to worry, Tommy," Lance told him. "That's why I'm calling the best guards they got."

So as Tommy finally made it back to the Lance Vance Dance Club, he parked the Infernus inside the garage, and he and Lance hopped out of the vehicle to walk over back inside the entrance of the bar as Lance punched in the number to fetch security.