Chapter 22: Dirty Lickin's

Tommy finally made it to Auntie Poulet's house as he pulled up to a complete stop in front. He hoped out of the vehicle and walked up to the old Haitian lady's front porch. He knocked on the door, still feeling rather lightheaded.

"Come in!" he heard Auntie Poulet call from inside the house.

Tommy opened the door to look around. Auntie Poulet was cooking something in the stock pot on the stove, not even looking back despite knowing that Tommy had arrived inside the house.

"Hello?" Tommy called in a slurred tone of voice. He walked around the house and looked around. "Hello - uh.. I'm looking for somebody around here... "

"You looking hungry, Tommy," Auntie Poulet told him, still not looking back from her cooking.

Tommy looked at Auntie Poulet and once again discerned her appearance as he wrinkled his face in suspicion. "Do I know you?" he asked in a slurred tone.

"Hush now," Auntie Poulet told him as she finally turned to face him briefly. "One more ting an I can let you go, Tommy."

Auntie Poulet turned back to her cooking to finish stirring her stew inside. "My boys gone war wit dem Cuban boys," she explained to Tommy. "But no guns. Hmm, but de Cubans have a surprise comin'. While they fight in de streets, you take this rifle and kill dem in de hubbub. No one sees you, no one hear you."

She pointed at a sniper rifle that was resting on a long wooden table. Tommy stared down at the weapon. He seemed rather confused.

"Now, Tommy," Auntie Poulet told him, "you do this for me, and you no longer tied to my apron strings."

"Kay auntie... " Tommy replied, still sounding slurred.

He reached for the sniper rifle and grabbed it off the table. He then turned to leave and headed out of the exit.

Auntie Poulet was very determined to have her gang win the battle against the Cubans. So she had Tommy do all the work under the influence in the old Haitian lady's special voodoo potion, which had eradicated Tommy's memory briefly, hypnotizing him into working for the Haitian gang.

Of course, she knew that the potion would wear out quickly, and Tommy would finally be conscious enough to see what was going on, which is why this was the final task she wanted him to do for her and the Haitians.

Tommy stepped outside and turned to his right to find the gang of Haitians and Cubans were all battling using riotous fist fights since weapons of any kind were forbidden. Tommy followed Auntie Poulet's instructions and walked around the building just across the street of the two gangs physically battling each other.

He took the stairs around the back leading to the rooftop and walked towards the rooftop's edge, where he viewed the battle between the Haitians and Cubans. Since Auntie Poulet suspected that the Cubans would cheat, she had Tommy kill them all with the sniper rifle he was given.

So Tommy took aim at the battle down below and zoomed in on one of the Cubans. He aimed for his back and pulled the trigger, killing him with one sniper shot. Tommy aimed at another Cuban and shot him on the back of the head, killing him as well.

One by one, Tommy killed each and every Cuban with a single sniper shot, and he looked ahead to find that there were more reinforcements arriving via blue vans. They were brutally beating on the Haitians and getting the upper hand.

So Tommy carefully aimed the sniper rifle at one of the Cubans and pulled the trigger, killing him by one shot. He repeated the process with each and every Cuban that were beating up each Haitian gang member, and they all started dropping dead one by one.

Most of the Haitians were dying, and Tommy had to keep his aiming accuracy up so he could only hit the Cubans and not the Haitians. The Cubans kept bringing in more reinforcements and charging at the Haitian gang members. Tommy, however, was too quick for them. He used the sniper rifle to aim at each and every one of them and killed each and every one of them one by one.

By the time he killed the last Cuban, the only surviving members were a few of the Haitians who walked away from the commotion victorious.

So Tommy walked down the stairs leading to the ground and made his way to Auntie Poulet's house. He finally dropped by to the front porch when all of a sudden, he heard his cellphone ring. He pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Tommy, Tommy why you coming back here for?" he heard Auntie Poulet say over the phone. "I tell you we don't want to see you around here no more."

The phone hung up, and Tommy stored it back inside his pocket. As he hopped inside the Voodoo, he started the engine and drove out of Little Haiti. As soon as he finally made a right turn on the long road and approached a stop light a few inches ahead, he felt his head spinning so much that he almost lost control of the driving.

Little did he know, the potion that had drugged Tommy had finally wore off, and Tommy looked around the car in confusion.

"Where the fuck am I?" he muttered, rubbing his head. "And how the hell did I get this car?"

He poked his head out of the window to examine the outside of the Voodoo. Tommy tried to think what had happened since the last hour. But all he could remember was helping the Cubans against the Haitians at the factory just an hour prior. He couldn't remember unwillingly helping Auntie Poulet and her gang top the Cubans.

"Ah fuck it," Tommy finally uttered as the light finally turned green. "I'll just see what Umberto and his gang are up to."

So Tommy decided to drive to the café in Little Havana to meet up with Umberto. After all, it was still the afternoon, and he was sure the Cubans had something in stored for him.