Chapter 23: Naval Engagement

Tommy finally made it to Little Havana and pulled up to a stop in front of Café Robina. He hopped out of the vehicle and casually walked to the front entrance.

"Alberto," he greeted Alberto, who was sitting at the table to the right, as he walked inside, "una café Señor."

Umberto suddenly popped out of nowhere and caught Tommy by surprise. "Poppa, don't serve this snake in the straw!" Umberto growled, shoving Tommy against the wall. "You're two-faced, Tommy! You either two-faced or you're a wimp, baby boy! The Haitians, man. They laughing at me!"

"Easy, easy," Tommy told Umberto, shoving him off him. "What's your problem?"

"They're laughing at me, Tommy, AT ME!" Umberto repeated. "Umberto Robina! They're doing whatever they like!"

"Nobody does whatever they like, Umberto, they do whatever you let them do!" Tommy corrected.

"What?" Umberto asked.

"You want somebody taken care of?" Tommy asked him. "I can handle it, but it's gonna cost you. I know we're brothers and all, but this is business."

"Tommy," Umberto replied as he wrapped his arm around Tommy's shoulder. "You a real man. Businessman, a gentleman. These Haitians, they have a load of product coming in off shore, really good stuff. We take it and we finish them! You take it, and I look after you like my brother. Like my son!"

He held Tommy by the cheeks as if he was about to kiss him. Tommy just pushed the Cuban-American's hands away. "I think I prefer the cash, than to being bounced on your knee, amigo." Tommy muttered sardonically.

Tommy returned outside and hopped inside the Voodoo, starting the engine and driving off. He had to meet Rico over at Viceport. So he drove straight down the western direction and made a right turn on the end of the road.

Tommy drove straight down and turned to the left to drive towards the ocean docks, where he saw Rico waiting for him. He also had a red-and-yellow striped Jetmax sitting in the ocean.

"Hey Rico," Tommy greeted, approaching Rico. "Nice boat. You ready?"

"Si Tommy," Rico agreed. "Now you be a good shot today. My boat, she no good, full of holes, okay?"

So Tommy, armed with his trusty Kruger, hopped inside the Jetmax with Rico, and the latter began riding through the ocean.

He drove to the dock by the mansion, where the deal was going down. At the docks were the Haitian gangs making a deal with the Streetwannabes, with a yacht parked right beside the docks.

Tommy pulled out his Kruger and fired at the Haitians. ""Uh oh... " one of the Haitians cried out. "Pack of Cubans! We under attack!"

Rico rode the Jetmax in circles so Tommy would be able to avoid the firing bullets at him as he returned the fire at the Haitians and the Streetwannabes.

"Eat your last words, assholes!" Tommy growled at the top of his lungs.

He was really feeling the adrenaline pumping inside of him as he fired multiple bullets in each of the gang members one by one. Some of their corpses fell into the ocean, saturating the water with blood, and the yachts they were in were getting damaged by the firing bullets, causing one of them to catch fire and explode.

After every member of the Haitians and Streetwannabes were dead, Rico pulled the boat to the side of the docks, and he and Tommy exited onto the land, where they saw the mansion up ahead.

They had to collect the briefcases replete with the drugs and cash and quickly took cover from the bullets fired at their direction by the Streetwannabes in the yard. The two used the walls around the wall and returned the fire at the gang members around the yard.

During the shootout, each member dropped dead by the gunfire being exchanged to them by Tommy and Rico, and before the latter two knew it, they had murdered every gang member around the area.

This gave Tommy a chance to collect the briefcases from the porch. So he snuck onto the porch and grabbed the briefcases.

But before he had a chance to leave, he saw a Dinghy approach the docks, and the two remaining Haitians fire at Rico's Jetmax and blow it up.

Tommy sighed in irritation. He fired distantly at the Haitians and killed them both one by one.

"We got the goods, Rico!" Tommy called to Rico. "Not let's take them with us and get the fuck outta here!"

"How we gonna get back to the café, Tommy?!" Rico asked. "Those Haitian assholes blew up my boat!"

"Just follow me!" Tommy ordered.

He guided Rico to the ocean docks and they hopped onto the Dinghy, with Tommy taking control of the boat.

Just then, Rico spotted police boats. "Shit!" he shouted. "The cops on our asses!"

Tommy just continued riding the Dinghy as Rico used Tommy's Kruger to fire at the police boats chasing after the two. He continued firing at the police boat during the chase until it finally caught on fire and exploded.

The two were clear from the police that time. They eventually made it to the ocean docks on the other side and ran onto the dry land on the side, with Tommy holding the two briefcases.

"There's a van!" Rico shouted as he pointed at a blue van parked on the other side of the road.

"Great!" Tommy shouted. "Let's hop inside it and drive back to the café!"

So the two ran as fast as they could to the van and hopped inside, with Tommy taking the wheel and starting the engine. He drove as fast as he could to make it back to Little Havana and safe in the café. Tommy wanted to make sure the cops weren't following him, and he wanted to get back at the Haitians once and for all.