Chapter 70: Recruitment Drive

Tommy woke up the next morning at 7:58 AM. He looked through his window to look at the beautiful sunrise above the ocean. He yawned loudly and stretched as he slowly picked himself off the bed.

Tommy walked around the bedroom and headed inside the bathroom to wash up. He took a shower, got dressed into his street clothes, and headed out of the mansion.

Tommy walked outside to find the beautiful pink and blue colors glowing in the sky up above. The palm trees around Starfish Island had the colors bounce off of them as well. There wasn't a single pedestrian nor vehicle stirring around the street. It was a vivid, peaceful morning, and Tommy could get a wonderful scent of the immaculate air today.

He walked over to his white Infernus and hopped inside. He started the engine and made a right turn. He drove straight down to the bridge leading to Washington Beach and made a right turn. It was a beautiful morning for a drive. There were fewer cars driving on the road, and most of them had unique colors and designs. Tommy had purchased almost every asset building around Vice City, and he was moving up to finally gain enough money to pay back Sonny.

Tommy drove straight down Washington Beach leading to Vice Point. He drove straight down the road until he made a left turn on the curved road leading straight down to Prawn Island. Once there, Tommy made a left turn on the InterGlobal Films Studios and drove through the entrance. He decided that he could buy the front and hopped out of the vehicle

Once Tommy was inside the studio, he purchased it for $60,000. He walked around to find that the place was replete with an office building and "D Stage" printed in the front of the door for rehearsal.

Inside the D Stage, director Steve Scott was shooting a film of a stripper wearing a skimpy gray outfit

"Action!" Steve called out.

"Whoa!" the woman wearing the skimpy clothing moaned seductively. "Now that's big."

"12 inches," the man in the film said off-screen. "That is regulation baby."

Tommy walked around just in time to see everything around the place, and Steve just notices Tommy's presence.

"CUT!" Steve demanded loudly, hopping out of his seat. "Who IS this idiot? You! YOU! Why are you in my space? WHY?"

"What the fuck is all this crap?!" Tommy yelled in disgust. "Aliens?! Fishing poles?! Who's ever seen a fucking shark that big?!"

Tommy then stepped up to the film director. "All this stuff's gotta go!" Tommy demanded. "Why'd you get in this business, ya prick?! Huh?! For the pussy, that's why! What the fuck is this?!"

"This is my art!" Steve protested, greatly offended. "SECURITY!"

Tommy then grabbed Steve by the collar and turned him around to face him. "Look, you pompous asshole," Tommy growled in Steve's face. "I own you now. I own all of this. We're gonna turn this place around... I'm gonna make you rich."

That's when Steve recognized Tommy and changed his expression. "Uh... " he uttered as Tommy released him. "You're - You - you're Tommy Vercetti? But I thought that you were... "

"That's right," Tommy interrupted, nodding. "We're gonna be making some changes around here and start making some real money."

"Actually," Steve started to say, "have you ever thought about, umm... "

"But first we're going to need some good-looking broads," Tommy told him.

"Yeh, girls are fine but you... " Steve told him, staring at Tommy in a rather mesmerizing expression, " ...whew!"

Tommy gave him a rather disturbed look. The movie director seemed to have bisexual tendencies for the way he looked at Tommy and talked about him. Tommy just didn't say a word. He just turned and walked away.

"What's that guy think, this is some free art crap?" Tommy muttered to himself. "Geez, like anybody wants to watch movies about fish!"

Tommy made it back outside and hopped into his Infernus. He started the engine and drove out of the exit, making a left turn on Prawn Island and another left on the bridge leading to Downtown.

Tommy drove straight down the road and made a left turn on the other end, where he made another left on the other side of the road and pulled to a park on the side. Across the street, he saw a model standing in front of the V.A.J. Finance building to find Candy Suxxx, a voluptuous swimsuit model with long red hair wearing a flag bikini. Her real name was Candice Shand, but she went by the stage name Candy Suxxx.

Tommy honked the horn, and Candy walked over to the side of his Infernus. "Yo, Candy. I'm looking for movie talent," Tommy told her. "You interested?"

"Sure!" Candy agreed. "But, you'd have to talk to my agent... "

"The HELL are you doin'?!" Tommy heard the agent growl out loud as he approached him in a black Sentinel XS.

"You should have stayed at home today!" Tommy shot back.

"Can you believe this asshole?" the agent told his crew, who suddenly hopped out of the vehicle.

The agent then drove away, and Candy hopped into the Infernus before the agent's crew could close in on Tommy. Tommy then sped up to hunt down the agent, who was just right in front trying to escape. As Tommy got closer to the side of the agent's vehicle, he pulled out his machine gun and fired multiple bullets on the side of his car.

Tommy continued ramming into the Sentinel XS and fired more bullets at it during the chase around Downtown until the vehicle finally caught on fire and Tommy watched as it eventually exploded.

Tommy then drove straight down the road of the Well Stacked Pizza Co. building, where he spotted Mercedes standing at the front. Tommy pulled over to the front of the building to face Mercedes.

"Hey Mercedes!" Tommy called to her.

"Hey Tommy!" Mercedes replied, smiling and waving at Tommy. She couldn't be more excited to see him. "You wanna party?"

"Not now, Sweets," Tommy told her. "You interested in doing some movies?"

"Of course," Mercedes agreed. "As long as it's cheap and sleazy."

Tommy just chuckled. It seemed that Mercedes had no issues with starring in a porno flick. "You're hired!" he declared.

Mercedes just hopped into the vehicle, and Tommy made a U-turn and drove straight down the road. He made a left turn all the way to the end and drove straight down, taking the long bridge to Prawn Island. Tommy turned left and entered the parking lot of the InterGlobal Films Studios.

Mercedes and Candy then exited the vehicle, and Mercedes leaned over to the side of the window of the driver's door to face Tommy, flashing a smile at him. "Tommy, you coming in for a warm-up?" Mercedes asked him.

"Maybe later, babe... " Tommy told her.

"Okay," Mercedes giggled, blowing an air kiss to Tommy.

She followed Candy to enter the D Stage up ahead. "Whoa, cool shark!" Mercedes cried out in excitement from inside.

Before Tommy could exit the vehicle to leave, he heard his cellphone ring. So he pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Tommy," he heard Sonny tell him over the phone.

"Sonny," Tommy replied.

"Obviously, you're suffering from hearing problems," Sonny told him, "so I'll try again."

Tommy held the phone out of his ear. He knew exactly what was coming to him. "WHERE'S THE GODDAMN MONEY?! WHERE'S THE GODDAMNED STUFF?! AND WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CUT OF YOUR NEW ACTION?!"

Sonny then lowered his voice. "You're making an idiot out of me, Tommy, and I'm not laughing," he growled at Tommy.

"Look, Sonny," Tommy told him, "I have to pay many of the assets around this city, which means that I must give everyone else around here their cut if I want to own this city. So I'll get you your money back as soon as I take over everything in this city."

"That's good, Tommy," Sonny replied softly. "So just continue your job. I expect you to send my goods soon."

Tommy stored the phone back into his pocket and hopped out of the Infernus. He walked over to the stage that Steve was filming into to see the setup.