Chapter 18: Stunt Boat Challenge

Inside Café Robina was a somewhat muscular Cuban-American man named Umberto, who was sitting on a stool enjoying a cup of coffee. He had on a white tank top over black pants and black shoes. His father, Alberto, who was wearing a black suit, was sitting at the table on the other side of the café.

Alberto looked at the front door just in time to see Tommy walking in. "Si, men?" Alberto greeted Tommy as the latter walked through the entrance.

"Hey, easy Papi," Umberto told his father as he jumped out of his seat and walked over to Tommy. "This man's for me. You, you the boy? Oh yeah. You the boy. I think so, you know?"

"No," Tommy replied dryly. "I don't think I do."

"Oh yeah?" Umberto responded. "You come here, tough guy. You think you can take me on? You think you can play stupid with me?"

"No, I think you're playing plenty stupid enough for both of us," Tommy shot back.

"Hey, he call you dumb, son," Alberto chimed in.

"And I call him a little girl, Papi," Umberto replied, looking up and down at Tommy and examining him while pacing around him. "Look at him, all dressed up like that. What is this, ladies night? You some kind of tough guy, you dress like a woman? You got on panties like a woman too. Huh?"

Tommy just stared back at the Cuban-American, not feeling offended in the slightest. He actually found him rather entertaining. "What you got against women?" he told Umberto. "You prefer men, big boy?"

"I like women!" Umberto growled in a fit of pique. "I like all women! I love my mother, chico!"

"All right, all right," Tommy responded, holding his hands up. "I'll take your word for it, relax."

"Can you drive, amigo?" Umberto asked Tommy.

"Yeah... like a woman," Tommy joked.

This caused Umberto to laugh very hard. "Very funny!" he chortled. "I like you, big boy. Maybe you can help. Maybe you can prove you a man, huh? Take out the boat. Show me you got some big cojones and not some little bitty chiquita ones."

Tommy just walked out of the café laughing to himself. Umberto seemed like a funny guy to be around with, and Tommy was just only going to let his physical actions do more of the talking.

Tommy met one of the members of the Cuban gangs, wearing a white T-shirt over tight stonewashed jeans and black shoes, at the docks, where a black-and-white boat was parked by.

"Hey. I'm Rico," the Cuban greeted Tommy. "You the man with the big cojones?"

"Tommy Vercetti," Tommy greeted back. "Let's go."

"Ok man," Rico told Tommy. "Treat her like a woman."

So the two got into the boat, with Tommy taking the driver's seat as he turned on the engine. He turned on the radio, in which "If You Leave" by Orchestral Manoevers in the Dark playing in the radio.

So Tommy wasted no time as he stomped on the gas and the boat ran fast as it sped straight through the ocean, in which he rode through the ocean path of Leaf Links.

"Amigo!" Rico shouted. "You a man, man!"

Tommy saw the ramp up ahead and sped even faster. As it zipped through the ocean, the boat jumped the ramp about fifty feet in the air over the golf course and landed hard in the water, making a tremendous splash onto the golf course due to the landing's impact.

The water continued spraying behind the boat as Tommy drove it through the ocean. He zoomed through the path in between the roads of Vice Point and under the bridge. He started riding steadily.

He took a glance at the area right in front of him. He saw the shining sun in the light blue sky glisten above the ocean water. The palm trees and building in the background provided a beautiful scenery. The landscape was wonderful in the summer morning. It especially helped that the music playing on the radio fit well with the whole vibe.

"You call yourself a man, man?" Rico asked Tommy smugly.

Tommy just continued riding the boat as fast as he could through the ocean and kept his foot on the gas pedal. He saw another ramp just up ahead and leapt right off of it, flying about thirty feet in the air above the water and made a giant splash as the boat landed.

Tommy spotted another ramp up ahead and leapt off of that as well, flying thirty more feet up in the air before landed hard back onto the water, making another tremendous splash as a result as he continued to ride through the ocean in Washington Beach.

Tommy made a sharp right turn as he drove the boat even faster and made it through the wide open ocean straight ahead through Starfish Island. He could feel the cool air blowing past his face as he rode faster.

"Not bad, you're a real man!" Rico bellowed.

Tommy rode under the bridge and made a left turn as he sped up. He turned around, rode back under the bridge, and took the path leading through the ocean of Washington Beach.

He saw another ramp straight ahead and leapt off it as he dashed to it, flying thirty feet in the air and landing with such tremendous force onto the ocean water. He saw another ramp up ahead as he rode through Vice Point, leaping off high off that ramp as well and landing hard onto the ocean water, making a tremendous splash.

"Man, you the man, man!" Rico shouted as Tommy continued speeding up. "I like you man! I like you a lot! Any time man, cause you got big cojones. And all my friends have big cojones!"

Tommy made it back through Leaf Links and stopped right on the side of the dock that he started from. Tommy had completed the challenge, and he let out a sigh of relief.

Tommy stepped out of the boat and turned to Rico, who had slid to the driver's seat of said vehicle. "You got real big cojones, amigo!" Rico told Tommy, and the latter watched as the former drove away with the boat.

I think I might get used to working with this gang, Tommy thought.