Chapter 69: Loose Ends

The next afternoon, Tommy was outside at the front of the mansion looking around. It was a beautiful morning outside, and he was getting closer to giving Sonny his money while he continued taking the city over. He then heard his cellphone ringing and pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Get to the payphone at Little Havana," he heard Mr. Black say over the phone.

Tommy hung up the cellphone and stored it inside his pocket. He wondered who else was about to attack him now that Diaz's gang were no longer a threat to him or his gang. But he refused to question and just hopped inside his red Cheetah parked in front of the garage. He started the engine and drove slowly through the driveway, making a left turn on Starfish Island as he exited out.

Tommy drove straight down the road and down the bridge leading to the long road on the other side of the island, where he made a left turn on. Tommy then made a right turn on the road leading to Little Havana and finally spotted a payphone behind the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory building.

Tommy hopped out of the vehicle and walked over to the payphone to answer it.

"You rang, Mr. Black," Tommy answered, holding the phone to his ear.

"Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black answered. "Long time, no see. How have you been?"

"Been ruling this town so far," Tommy answered. "I own everything from an ice cream factory to a dance club. Ever since I decided to implement my own gang, no one has tried to take me down."

"That's great, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black replied. "You proved to be an unstoppable force here in Vice City. Now I have just one more task for you to do and you won't have to do any of the jobs I ask you to again."

"Okay," Tommy answered. "What's the job?"

"There's a valuable exchange taking place on the roof of the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company," Mr. Black replied.

"Exchange?!" Tommy asked in surprise. "No, there can't be no exchange happening there. Because I know for a fact that NO ONE is selling any of that shit on MY turf! NO ONE!"

"I think you know the drill, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black told him. "Kill everyone involved, steal the merchandise, and take it to the helipad at the airport. There is a gate to your left that leads to the bank of the factory. Do this and you'll never have to worry about any more tasks like this."

"I'm on it," Tommy declared in an ominous tone of voice.

He hung up the phone and returned to his vehicle. He refused to let a group of unknown drug dealers sell on his turf. So he entered the compound behind the Cherry Popper Ice Cream company, where the deal was taking place inside.

There they were, dressed in all black and setting up a deal inside, and Tommy got his assault rifle ready to do them all in.

"Hey, ya pricks!" Tommy growled vociferously. "NO ONE SELLS ON MY TURF!"

So Tommy used his assault rifle to fire at everyone at the deal, and the latter group began to disperse and run away in fear. But Tommy was too quick for them as he killed everyone in view before they had a chance to escape.

Tommy, however, knew there were more of them inside. So he made his way further inside and saw more of the dealers trying to fire at him. Tommy dodged the firing bullets and killed each and every one of them at a time.

After everyone on the ground was dead, Tommy made his way up the stairs and killed the rest of the dealers that tried to get into his way as he went further through the rooftops. There were at least two more dealers armed with Krugers trying to take Tommy down. Tommy, however, was able to get the upper hand of them and ended up gunning down as he continued making his way through the rooftop.

Tommy finally saw the second set of stairs up ahead and climbed up them to scale the rooftop of the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory. He also saw more dealers up ahead and ran up to them. Tommy surreptitiously gunned them all down at a time and picked up the briefcase that was lying right there.

Once he had obtained the briefcase, Tommy looked around to see if any of the other dealers were around to try to take him out. No one has stirred around, nor tried to approach Tommy while armed and dangerous. So Tommy saw a blue-and-white Maverick resting on the helipad and ran up to it.

As he hopped inside, he remembered the controls Lance taught him to use and started the engine, slowly descending the helicopter about 100 feet in the air. As Tommy finally flew high enough, he accelerated forward to the direction of the Escobar International Airport.

Tommy flew above the city and saw the airport right up ahead. So Tommy accelerated above the gates of the airport and saw the helipad right up ahead. He slowly approached the helipad right up ahead and landed softly on the surface. Tommy dropped the briefcase off on the helipad and flew back up in the air.

He let out a sigh of relief. He had finally completed every last task for Mr. Black and no longer had to worry about it again. Just then, he heard his cellphone ring and pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Great job, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black told him over the phone. "You were a pleasure to work with."

"Thanks for the compliment, Mr. Black," Tommy replied. "It's because of you, I managed to survive out here. Where are you anyways?"

"That, I cannot reveal, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black told him. "I am a man who likes to stay clandestine and mysterious."

Tommy just chuckled. "Okay," he laughed. "I see why they call you Mr. Black."

Mr. Black laughed himself. "Anyways, continue your mission out here in Vice City, Mr. Vercetti. You're the new ruler now."

As Mr. Black hung up, Tommy continued flying back to his mansion. Since he had a very busy day today, he felt that he could go back to rest for the rest of the day and continue his business streak tomorrow.