Chapter 34: Check Out At the Check In

Tommy drove all the way to the Escobar International Airport, where he parked at the front entrance. Tommy then hopped out of the vehicle and ran to the entrance, where he set aside his weapons and other metal objects before walking through the metal detector.

Tommy saw the payphone just up ahead and walked up to it. He picked the phone off of its receiver and held it to his ear.

"You rang, Mr. Black?" Tommy asked through the phone.

"Right on time, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black replied. "Word is that Ricardo Diaz has now been eradicated from the town."

"Yep," Tommy answered. "I took out the fat slimeball and now have let everyone in town know that they have a new owner in Vice City."

"Which is what I called you about," Mr. Black told him. "Now that Diaz is gone for good, his assassins are now using whatever weaponry force to take you down, meaning that there are more gangs who will come back stronger. There's a businessman down here who has a briefcase of your records. His plan is to send your records to his gunmen and they will all fly out here to take over any asset and take you down all at once."

"I anticipated that," Tommy replied. "So what else you know about the guy?"

"The businessman has been working as an undercover secret agent in order to take pictures of you while you were causing mayhem at the mall just earlier," Mr. Black continued. "He was even spying on you when you and your partner went to break into Diaz's mansion and got the picture of you and your partner assassinating Diaz inside his mansion, thus giving away evidence to his gunmen."

"Ah, so we have a snitch in Vice City," Tommy replied, sounding much more eager to complete the task. "So what's in stores for me now?"

"Time to fry bigger fish, Mr. Vercetti," Mr. Black answered. "There's a rifle in the foliage to your right. Watch the woman standing on the balcony above the check-in desk. She will walk through the crowd and ask the businessman the time. You must kill that person, retrieve his case and take it to the location taped under the phone."

Tommy looked at his watch. It has now been twelve minutes since he left the mansion to cause mayhem at the North Point Mall. So he thought he still had time to complete the job before returning to the mansion.

Tommy looked to his right to find the sniper rifle leaning against the wall. He ran up to it, grabbed it, and crouched below right behind a large potter plant.

Mr. Black had given Tommy the mission to eliminate the businessman, who was sending documents of Tommy to deliver to the gunmen. Tommy knew that if his records were sent to the gunmen, the latter gang would arrive to Vice City to bring any strong force to take down Tommy.

He watched as he saw a Caucasian woman wearing a brown business uniform carrying a brown briefcase walking through the balcony and took the escalator down the bottom. Tommy zoomed in using the sniper rifle to get a good view.

There, he spotted a Caucasian man wearing a blue suit as the woman approached him. That must have been the businessman that Mr. Black told Tommy about earlier. Tommy had been told to. He was told to wait until the conversation between the woman and the businessman was over and the woman had left, because murdering the businessman right away would garner attention from the woman, and she would have called someone to inform the businessman's impending murder.

The conversation between the two lasted for a good five minutes until the woman walked away and back onto the escalator. Once the woman made it back up the balcony, the Businessman grabbed the briefcase off the ground and started to walk away, only to get promptly murdered in one shot by Tommy.

Fortunately, the woman was oblivious to the businessman's murder, giving Tommy enough time to run on over to the businessman's corpse lying on the ground and grab the briefcase.

Tommy ran out of the airport through the metal detector and retrieved his weapons lying on the side of the entrance.

Tommy quickly ran to his Cheetah and hopped inside. He started the engine and quickly drove away. He got the premonition that the police would be after him. So he made a right turn and drove straight down to make a left on the long road of Viceport.

Tommy continued driving straight down as quickly as he could until he made it through Downtown and finally on the end of the road, where he pulled up in front of the Ammu-Nation building. Tommy hopped out of the vehicle and walked inside the Ammu-Nation to deliver the briefcase, which was now used as a shooting target in the shooting range.

Tommy let out a relieving sigh. Now that records of his actions were destroyed, Tommy wasn't going to be ambushed a second time in Vice City. He wasn't quite satisfied just yet. He was very cognizant that Diaz's leftover assassins were on the hunt for him and weren't going to stop until Tommy was dead for real.

Tommy's thoughts turned out to be right. Because as he walked out of the Ammu-Nation building, he heard his cellphone ring, he pulled it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Tommy!" he heard Ken say in a panicking voice, as well as gunshots in the background. "You gotta come over here at the mansion right away! We have a problem here!"

Tommy wasn't going to waste his time listening to Ken's querulous comments. So he hung up the cellphone, stored it away, and hopped inside his Cheetah. He started the engine and drove straight ahead to the bridge leading to Prawn Island. He was sure that more of Diaz's allies would be there to ambush the mansion.