Chapter 78: Spilling the Beans

Tommy woke up the next morning. He had own nearly everything around Vice City, from strip clubs to dance clubs to film studios. Once he was able to pay back Sonny, he would be able to rule Vice City and pay his old boss his debt, as well as the rest of the Forelli family. Tommy decided to see what else what left to take over and got dressed as soon as he could. He exited the mansion and walked over to his white Infernus, which he hopped into and started the engine.

He started driving out of the driveway and made a left turn on Starfish Island. Tommy drove ahead and through the bridge leading to the long road up ahead, which Tommy took a right turn on and headed straight. He then made a left turn on Little Haiti and drove straight until he made a right turn and saw a yellow building up ahead. That must have been the Printworks building.

Tommy walked inside the building and took a look around. Inside was a green printer that looked awfully familiar to the one he worked with along with his father back in Liberty City. Tommy felt his memories coming back to him. He missed his father so much, and he had wished he would have stayed following his father's footsteps as he got older. Tommy didn't have time to reminisce though. An old man wearing a brown suit and a white visor on his head slowly approached the printing machine.

"Mr. Vercetti?" the old man asked as he took a glimpse at Tommy. "Hey. You bought the old print works?"

"Yeah," Tommy replied. "My old man used to work on these. I used to spend the evenings with him, cleaning the rollers... I was gonna follow him in his trade, but... I lived a different life."

"You planning on selling the old machinery, breaking it down?" Earnest asked.

"I'm thinking we might print something - a newspaper, a magazine... " Tommy told him genuinely.

"Oh crap, sonny, low grade crap," Earnest told him. "I've always fancied printing money. It ain't too hard. You know, I've been doing it in a small scale for years."

"Really?" Tommy asked.

"Sure," Earnest told him. "But we'd need some good quality plates. Of course! There's a counterfeiting syndicate already operating in Florida."

"A syndicate?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah," Earnest replied. "Just rumors is all I've heard."

"I know a man who's good with rumors... " Tommy said, and he walked away.

Tommy then purchased the asset for $70,000 and saw a Kaufman taxi cab up ahead. He figured that he'd take the taxi cab to the Malibu Club to have a word with Paul. So Tommy hopped into the taxi cab, and the driver rode away.

As the taxi cab made it to the Malibu Club, Tommy hopped out and headed to the entrance of the club. Inside was Paul at the counter with a Caucasian redheaded woman wearing a black-and-white plaid T-shirt and a red skirt.

"Look at the arse on that!" Paul said seductively as he tilted his head back to stare at the woman's shapely behind.

This called the woman to leave in disgust to Paul's catcalling. "Awright girl, it's your loss mate init!" Paul shouted at the woman.

Just then, Tommy approached him, looking rather adamant. "Awright me ol' china, how's it hangin'?" Paul greeted.

"Going well at the moment, Paul," Tommy told him calmly. "You were the one who gave me info on almost everything around here, so I'm here to thank you for the help."

"Ai, no problem, Tommy," Paul replied. "Anything you need to know, your mate Kent Paul's right here to give you the bloody details."

"Yeah," Tommy muttered, "so what do you know about counterfeiting?"

"Counterfeiting?" Paul asked. "Is that legal nowadays?"

"Of course, Paul," Tommy replied sarcastically, "just like everything around this city."

Paul knew that Tommy was not in the mood for games at the moment. So the smartest thing for him to do was to just give Tommy the information.

"Awright!" Paul chanted. "Awright! Awright! You're obviously a busy man. All I know about dodgy readys is the Triads supply the plates."

"I'm listening," Tommy replied calmly. "Go on."

"They've got a shipping company down the docks," Paul continued. "The boss man would know when the plates are coming in next."

"Thanks, Paul," Tommy told him.

"No problem, mate," Paul replied. "You helped me and the rest of the band, so I shall return the favor for you and give you the right information on the businesses of yours."

"Yeah," Tommy muttered dryly. "Just lay off the tequila."

"Sure thing, Tom!" Paul called as Tommy just started walking away.

Paul put his hand behind his back and crossed his fingers. He then turned back to the bartender. "Gimme another drink, lively!" Paul demanded desperately.

Tommy then took the taxi cab all the way to the docks of Viceport to access to the Chartered Libertine Lines boat. The shipping officer there had the required information there.

Once there, Tommy took the slope up the Chartered Libertine Lines Triad Freighter. There was a gang known as the Patrol Invest Group who were armed with assault rifles. So Tommy had to be discreet and wary as he penetrated through the boat.

The members of the gang were oblivious of Tommy's presence, and the latter continued to quietly sneak his way through the boat.

Tommy quickly crept up the stairs and kept his distance from the rest of the gang and finally made it on the tip top, where he entered the Triad Boss' office.

"Who are you?" the Triad Boss asked Tommy.

Tommy didn't say a word. He just responded by grabbing the boss by the collar, pinching his chest hard. "Oooof!" he cried as Tommy pointed a pistol to his temple. "Aaiieee! Not the face! Not the face! OK, I talk! I talk!"

So in the next few minutes, Tommy had finally garnered the information from the boss and attempted to escape, where he encountered the other members of the gang. Tommy dodged their firing bullets coming his way and fired back, killing each and every gang member as he attempted to make his way through the boat.

Tommy exited the Triad Freighter and came across the taxi cab driver, who let Tommy hop inside the taxi cab to ride away and on their way to the Printworks building before the police had a chance to catch up to them.