Chapter 55: Sunshine Autos

With the boatyard, Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory, and Kaufman's Cab purchased, Tommy continued to search for more business assets to buy. He was on a roll this summer, and things were slowly looking his way. He had his own gang and many allies backing him up to take over the city, and he was close to getting Sonny his money back.

Tommy drove through Little Havana and saw a car dealership named BJ's Used Autos up ahead. It was a white two-story showroom with a copious parking lot around it. Tommy felt that it would be his type of business, as he always wanted to own a number of flashy cars. So he drove into the parking lot and parked to the side of the building.

Tommy hopped out of the Infernus and walked over to the building to take a closer look. It definitely looked like something he would own, and it would be the perfect opportunity to collect cars to purchase new vehicles for himself.

Tommy stepped inside the building to see that it was replete with a few plants and a aquamarine Washington parked inside. It had a spiral slope that lead to the second floor and several lucid windows in the top and bottom floor. Tommy walked up to BJ Smith, who had just noticed Tommy's arrived.

"BJ Smith!" BJ greeted, shaking Tommy's hand. "And you must be Mr. Vercetti. Would you like the tour?"

"Might as well," Tommy replied.

So BJ guided Tommy around to show him the place. "Well, I'm very sad to be selling the dealership to y'all," BJ told Tommy as the two walked around the interior. "This was my first investment after I turn pro. But now it's time for me to move on."

"You're leaving town?" Tommy asked BJ, facing him. "Not in too much of a hurry, I hope?"

"No," BJ reminded. "I'm just coming out of retirement, and preparing for my future comeback. The business wasn't too strong, and my staff took it upon themselves to get a bit more creative with the generation of wealth."

Just then, the two heard a squealing sound outside and looked out through the window to see a red Cheetah riding away, its tires burned through the asphalt, eliciting a cloud of smoke behind it.

"Obviously, I could wind down the business before I hand it over," BJ told Tommy. "Hell, I could burn the place down if I wanted to. This is prime development land."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about any of that," Tommy responded, looking around the place. "This place seems perfect."

"Yeah it does," BJ replied. "So I take it we have a deal?"

Tommy turned to face BJ. "Considering the many cool vehicles I can collect for this dealership, you can say no more," Tommy answered, not even giving it a second thought. "I'm buying this place off your hands."

"Excellent," BJ replied, shaking Tommy's hand once again. "Once you do a few jobs for this place, you'll definitely be getting your income."

So Tommy purchased the car dealership for $50,000 and was now given some tasks to help expand the business. He renamed it the Sunshine Autos and his job was to collect four sets of six vehicles for the list. Tommy knew he was going to be working on this for days, possibly weeks, so it was that time for him to get started.

The first set of vehicles was street cars and SUVs. The vehicles to collect on the list was the Landstalker, the Esperanto, the Idaho, the Stallion, the Rancher, and the Blista Compact.

Tommy had to drive around the city to collect those six vehicles and collected each of them at Little Havana, Little Haiti, Vice Point, Washington Beach, and Ocean Beach. It took Tommy about five days to collect all the vehicles, but he finally got the job done.

Of course, the day after that was the second set of the six vehicles: the expensive cars. They all consisted on a Sabre, a Virgo, a Sentinel, a Stretch limousine, a Washington, and an Admiral.

This was the easiest vehicles for Tommy to collect, because most of them were located around the Vancetti Estate and Starfish Island, as well as even being closer to Sunshine Autos. So it only took a good seventeen hours to collect all six of the vehicles to send them to the car dealership.

The next day, Tommy returned for the third set of cars: the sports cars. On this list to collect were the Cheetah, the Infernus, the Banshee, the Phoenix, the Comet, and the Stinger.

The collection was rather moderate difficulty-wise, as there were many of those vehicles in almost everywhere. Tommy was able to collect the Comet at Leaf Links and was able to locate the rest of the vehicles that were either at Ocean Beach or Starfish Island. It took another five days to collect every vehicle to send to Sunshine Autos.

The final set of vehicles were gang cars and Oddballs, which was probably the most challenging of them all. The six vehicles were the Voodoo, the Cuban Hermes, the Caddy, the Baggage Handler, the Mr. Whoopee ice cream truck, and the Pizza Boy delivery scooter.

Tommy had to go to many business buildings and gang territories in order to obtain most of the vehicles. So he collected the Voodoo and Cuban Hermes in Little Haiti and Little Havana while going to the Leaf Links golf course, the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory, the Well Stacked Pizza Co. and the Escobar International Airport to collect the rest of the vehicles. It took a week to get them all, but Tommy succeeded, and soon, the Sunshine Autos was now replete with multiple vehicles.

Tommy wasn't done with the business just yet though. There were still a number of tasks he had to do before he would be able to earn his income. So he decided to rest for now and return to the place tomorrow to see what else that was in stores for him when he came back. For now, Tommy headed back to his mansion to take a break after almost three weeks of hard work at the car dealership.