Chapter 67: Tragic Keepsake

Tommy returned to Phil's place to search for the gun runner. "Phil!" he called cupping his hand around his mouth as if talking through a megaphone. "Phil, you there?!"

Just then he heard slamming inside the caravan and Phil grunting furiously. Tommy walked up to the caravan and saw Phil was inside banging hard on the table.

"Fuck, fuck fuck!" Phil growled. "Unbelievable!"

Tommy walked up to the angry gun runner. "I've heard of arm wrestling, but you're the first one I know who tries to challenge a table," he joked.

"No time for jokes, boy!" Phil barked. "We have a problem here!"

"Problem?" Tommy asked. "Like what?"

"That golden star necklace!" Phil answered furiously. "The one thing to keep one of my relatives' memories alive and now it's gone! Fucking Martinez!"

'Who the fuck is Martinez?" Tommy asked.

Phil thought about what he just said and tried to shake it out of his mind. "No one," Phil answered hesitantly. "But somebody broke into my place and stole that necklace! I bet it was one of those other gun runners!"

Phil stormed about ten inches away and paced the room. Tommy looked back at him in confusion.

"Wait, why is that necklace so important to you?" Tommy asked.

"That necklace belongs to my late sister," Phil answered. "It's a tragic keepsake of mines to remember her by, the only thing I have to remember her by - and now just like her, it's gone! Those bastards!"

"I didn't know you have a sister," Tommy replied.

"HAD two," Phil corrected. "And the one that's not here used to owned the necklace, and without that, I have nothing to keep her memory with me alive!"

While Phil continued pacing angrily around the room, Tommy pressed his thumb and index finger against the bottom of his chin to think. He then turned back to Phil.

"Do you have any idea who might have taken that necklace?" he asked Phil.

"I bet it was them Haitians!" Phil guessed. "I saw some of them walk out of my shop. So I want you to find those bastards and get my sister's necklace back."

"No prob, Phil," Tommy told him.

He then walked away and exited out of Phil's Place.

Tommy walked back to the Patriot and hopped inside. He knew that the Haitians were all now against him after he blew up their factory, and he had to be extra careful not to let them catch him. On top of that, he had to make sure it was really them who stole Phil's late sister's necklace. He never accused anyone for committing a crime they never committed.

Tommy drove through Little Haiti and spotted a group of Haitians having conversations with each other. Tommy examined each of them closely to search for the one with the golden necklace on.

Turns out Phil was right! One of the Haitians had the golden star necklace around his neck. So Tommy had to confront the man up close. He hopped out of the vehicle and ran up on the gang, who had quickly spotted him.

Tommy turned to the Haitian with the golden necklace. "What's up, pal?" he greeted the Haitian nonchalantly.

"Name's Raheem," the Haitian answered. "How may I help you, motherfucker?"

"Yeah," Tommy answered, "you can help by handing over that necklace, you Haitian piece of shit!"

"Hey fuck you, beefcake bastard!" Raheem snapped. "This here necklace is mine!"