Chapter 54: Cabmaggedon

Tommy drove inside the garage of Kaufman Cabs and pulled over to a park. He was waiting for Doris to announce the next task to perform. Despite the plight that Tommy has been into so far, he wasn't the least bit overwhelmed. If anything, the trouble he was in during his first two jobs for the Kaufman Cabs only motivated him to try even harder and expect another challenge for him.

"Car 13, we got a Miss. Cortez, asked for you especially," Doris announced over the microphone.

Tommy then recognized the surname immediately. "OK, I got it!" he called. "Car 13, out!"

Tommy was determined to pick up Mercedes at Viceport and quickly hightailed it out of the garage. He had never felt so eager to pick someone up before. His foot was gradually on the gas pedal as he drove out of Little Haiti and made a right turn on the long road.

Tommy drove straight down and sped up as fast as he could. If there was anyone who he would protect from danger and get to safety, it was Mercedes. Tommy was beginning to show a softer side after the few times he hung out with Mercedes. However, he wasn't sure if he would start a relationship with him. She seemed rather too young for him. Nonetheless, Tommy had a great time with her and made sure she was safe, especially under Colonel Cortez's demands.

Tommy continued down the long road until he finally made it to Viceport and through the docks. He finally made it to the car depot and stopped right at the front of the entrance. Tommy then stared at the gate suspiciously. It seemed convenient that the gate just so happened to be open, thus making it easier for him to assess inside. This all seemed to be strange to Tommy.

Tommy stared back and rubbed his chin out of confusion. "Hmm, no sign of Mercedes," he said.

Tommy just had the premonition that he was probably being set up in a trap. So he decided to pull out his preferred weapons and prepared himself. He had learned his lesson the first time he was ambushed and refused to repeat the same predicament he had got into. So this time, he was ready for whatever was going to try to take him down by force. He slowly drove through the gate and looked around carefully.

About a few seconds later, Tommy turned out to be right! He saw that there were six taxi cabs entering inside as well. They were most definitely trying to get revenge on Tommy after he destroyed the other taxi cabs just hours ago.

I knew they'd set me up, Tommy thought. Little do these assholes know, I got the brains to outsmart these chumps.

Tommy thought of firing his weapons at the six taxi cabs to destroy them. But he decided to do something else that would be much more clever and cunning.

So the demolition began, and the six cabs attempted to crash into Tommy. But Tommy was too quick for them. He did many driving moves in order to get the six taxi cabs off his back. He tried riding around the pillars in front of the garage building, which caused one of the drivers to slam in hard onto one of the pillars through impact for speeding so fast that it caused such damage.

Tommy also tried the 180 in the drivers, which cause two of them to collide into each other. This was a task where skills were required for Tommy. So he continued to outdo the other taxi cabs with whatever move he had against them. He rammed into one of the, which caused it to maneuver out of control and eventually flip over multiple times right before finally getting stuck upside down.

Tommy also made multiple hairpin turns that had the two remaining taxi cabs to spin out of control too. One slammed hard into a wall while the other fell over from the guardrail and into the ocean. No matter how much the drivers have tried, none of them could match Tommy's wits and cleverness. He was practically causing them to destroy themselves trying to wreck his vehicle.

The demolition lasted for one minute, and Tommy had gotten every last taxi cab destroyed and the drivers inside killed. His match wasn't over just yet though. Tommy looked up ahead of the gate to spot a yellow-and-black Zebra entering through.

Looks like I've got another challenge, Tommy thought.

"It's time for Kaufman Cabs' guardian angel to eat some fender!" the driver inside the Zebra shouted.

"I wouldn't count on it, asshole!" Tommy growled loudly.

So the two drivers sped up towards each other. Tommy kept his foot firm onto the gas pedal and wrapped his muscular hands tightly around the steering wheel.. It was time to take the driver out once and for all. After each driver picked up their speed, the two of them collided, destroying each other's front bumper. Tommy wasted no time as he continued ramming into the Zebra as hard as he could until it crashed into a wall. Tommy finished the battle by pulling out his machine gun and firing at the driver, killing him instantly.

Tommy then stopped the vehicle and breathed slowly. It was finally over for him. After getting into so many plights doing his job, he no longer had to worry about such turmoil. So he decide to drive away and return to the Kaufman Cabs.

Back there, Doris congratulated Tommy on his task and made him the owner of the business asset. Tommy was also getting a $5,000 income as the business' revenue was now being generated. With four business assets purchased, Tommy was on a roll. Tommy, of course, felt he had a long day and should just return to the mansion to take a break. After all, all hardworking men such as himself needed a respite once in a while.