chapter 1

edit: lil disclaimer!!

hello :)) so personally the first like 20 chapters of this story aren't my FAVORITE they were kind of rushed and they def are not my best work

i think the story and writing improves as it goes on, like i like year 4 a lot better than year 3 so just give it a chance ig?
the first bits might be a struggle to read

but also everyone still seems to like year 3 so maybe it's just me being hypercritical of myself

I would check out my new book, "For Better, For Worse," first, honestly. I think it's a better representation of my writing lol

anyways
enjoy

———————

"okay byee mum!" i say once again. It's my third year at Hogwarts, and she still makes a big show of saying goodbye.

"write to me if you need anything sweetheart" my mum places her hand on my cheek, giving me a worried look. i allow myself to smile for a second before swatting her away.

"i know i know.." i mutter as i shrug her off. "i better be getting on the train now"

my mum sighs as i give her one last hug before hopping onto the express, dragging my carriage behind me. by the time i was able to leave my mum, i'm practically the last person onto the train.. except some first years who are still on the platform embracing their families. i scoff, annoyed that i can't seem to find a compartment with any room.

"y/l/n!" i turn around quickly at the sound of a familiar voice. draco. i sigh. "quite the goodbye she gave you this year" he sneers as he walks toward me in the corridor.

"i didn't see your parents making an appearance... yet again" i smirk as his sneer falters, "but hey, maybe our fourth year you'll have some luck". he clears his throat softly, quickly returning his face back to an ugly grin, trying not to admit that i know his weakness.

"do you have a place to sit?" he say while he leans forward against my carriage of bags.

i shake my head, pushing the cart towards him so he backs away "if that's an offer for me to come back to your compartment with you, i'll have to decline, malfoy"

"alright" he shrugs "but don't come crawling back when you're stuck with all the first years crying over their mums" he turns on his heels and walks away, entering a compartment a few doors down. i shake my head at him and continue down the corridor, soon finding a compartment with some other third years. i squeeze into their spare seat for the remainder of your journey.

__________________________

upon arrival, i'm able to find some of my friends to sit down with while the first years get sorted. i cheer loudly with the rest of my friends every time the frail old hat hollers "slytherin!!"

after all that i go up to the dormitory to unpack, seeing that Pansy has already made her way to the room. great, i think to myself, another year with this psycho.

"hello y/n" pansy smiles, but i know it's not genuine.. that girl never is.

"hi pansy" i say without looking up from my bag

"how was your summer?" i look back up at her in surprise, not thinking she would have continued a conversation.

"oh um.. it was good! thanks for asking" i pause, taken aback by her interaction, "how about-"