chapter 2

i wake up bright and early the next morning, excited to start the first day of classes. i change into my robes and grin, it feels like home. whilst grabbing my books, i tuck my wand into my robe, stopping only to send my owl out with the letter to mum, before leaving the dormitory and heading to the great hall.

i peer down the slytherin table, trying to see if anyone i'm friendly with is already downstairs. at the end of the table i can see draco and goyle laughing loudly as they enjoy their breakfast. i look around a little longer, trying to find anyone else to sit with. the boys can be quite annoying. after scanning for a moment, however, i give in and walk over to them.

"hello y/n" goyle says to me as i sit down across from him.

"hi goyle" i smile as i place my things under the bench, grabbing some food and looking up at draco. he's looking down at his plate, "draco?"

"hm?" he looks up, "oh, hi y/n" he immediately looks back down and i roll my eyes. well, him trying to be nice to me was short lived. i eat with the guys for a little before pansy and the others from my dorm join us.

"i better be going, i have divination first and it takes forever to get there" i say as i begin to stand and gather my things in my bad.

"divination?" i hear blaise say, "draco don't you have divination first?" i look up to see him smirking in draco's direction. i stop gathering my things to look at draco as well.

draco clears his throat and fumbles, dropping his fork onto his plate "yes, yes it looks like i do"

"you outta walk with y/n to class don't you think?" goyle chimes in, him and blaise both nudging draco. i gulp a little, this is awfully awkward.

"she's got two legs, she can walk herself" he continues looking down at his food with his signature scowl. i hear pansy laugh to herself, rolling her eyes along with the rest of the girls at the table.

"what a gentleman" i mumble, finally picking up my bag, turning on my heels and exiting the great hall

__________________________

dracos pov

"now was that really necessary draco?" pansy smirks at me from across the table

"what?" i chuckle a little as i begin to pack up my bag, having cleared my breakfast plate

"first you don't write to her all summer, and now this?" pansy rolls her eyes, "she was right, you really are a twat" she scoffs and looks away from me, going to pack up her things.

"she called me a twat?" i say, looking up at pansy and she stands to walk away.

she looks back at my quietly and smiles, "if you walk with me i'll tell you"

"whatever" i shake my head, grabbing my bag violently and getting up, pansy smirks in victory as walk around the end of the table to join her. she links her arm in mine and begins to drag me towards the exit. what have i gotten myself into

__________________________

your pov

i can hear footsteps behind me as i ascend the stairs of the north tower to the divination classroom. pausing, i turn and see draco following a flight beneath me

"you're really that stubborn to leave minutes after me instead of just walking with me?"

"i wasn't done eating" he smirks, hurrying his pace to catch up with me