chapter 17

the only truly interesting thing that happens that next week is neville receiving a howler from his gran. it's awfully embarrassing. happened to ron last year when he crashed his parents car into the whomping willow. everyone dreads getting howlers, the whole great hall can hear.

on wednesday, however, lupin comes back to class. with some massive scratches on his face. draco looks back at me, making major "i told you so" eyes. i roll my eyes back at him, trying to get him to drop the subject. i don't want to believe he's right.... although his theory does make loads of sense.

by saturday, i've had enough of thinking about it, and am ready for a break.

we're allowed to go into hogsmeade this weekend, but the majority of our friend group have a major divination exam on monday, which they insist they spend the whole weekend studying for. i don't have my exam until friday, so i'm left to find people that will go into hogsmeade with me.

"well i can go" draco says to me, from diagonally across the table at breakfast, "i don't have the exam until friday either"

everyone looks between me and him, waiting for me to respond, "alright" i say, "thanks draco"

with that, the group goes back to their own conversations, daphne nudging me and smirking. one glare from me shuts her up though, and she goes back to whispering to pansy about how graham montague spoke to her in the common room last night.

__________________________

"are you ready to go yet" draco says from the other side of the dormitory door, "all the good stuff will be taken by the time we get there"

"don't get your knickers in a twist" i mock him as i open up the door, smiling widely. he just stands there, dumbfounded, "c'mon lets go" i walk past him, skipping down the stairs. i hear him chuckle behind me and follow me down the stairs and out toward the courtyard.

__________________________

"you look like an bloody idiot" i laugh as draco and i stand in gladrags wizardwear, him trying on various pointy hats

"shut up" he mutters, adjusting the cap to try and make it look better

"why do you need one of these again" i say as a look through the racks, trying to pick out a less flamboyant one for draco to try on

"we always have this dinner with the other governors after school ends. my mother says i have to wear 'proper wizard attire'" his voice gets high pitched as he mocks his mom, throwing off the cap and selecting another one

i chuckle as i place it on his head and it flops over his eyes, he glares at me and takes off the cap, "i think the second one you tried looks best"

he nods, picking the one i suggested back up and going to the cashier to buy it while i wait outside. i hear the door ring and draco comes and joins me, patting me on the shoulder, "want to go to the shrieking shack? i think i've figured a way in"

"no way" i shake my head, "that places creeps me out"

"pleaseee" he pouts and i finally give in, letting him drag me out of town towards the shack.

__________________________

when we arrive, we aren't alone.

ron stands by the fence, looking out at the shack.

"this is even better than i thought" draco sneers, picking up his pace to walk toward weasley. i sigh, jogging after him to try and hold him back.

"what're you doing, weasley?" draco shouts, getting ron to turn around. his face goes red instantly, "suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, weasley? dreaming about having your own bedroom? i heard your family all sleep in one room -- is that true?"

"draco stop" i say, seeing ron getting even more worked up, "let's go" i try and grab draco's arm but he pulls out of my grip, stepping closer to ron.

"i also heard that-" draco's cut off my a snowball hitting him right in the back of the head.

"what the --?" draco holds the back of his head, looking behind him at me. i shake my head, telling him i didn't throw it, and look back as well. but all that's behind us is trees, "what was that?" draco spins around, facing back to ron, "who did that?"

"very haunted up here, isn't it?" ron says between laughs. i chuckle slightly myself and draco turns, glaring at me so i stop laughing. just as i do, another two snowballs hit him in the head.

"it came from over there!" says draco, pointing frantically between two trees. i look at ron and then at draco, before running towards where he pointed. on my way over, i snowball hits me in the back. i spin around quickly, reaching my arms forward. somehow, i trip over what seems like nothing, and fall flat on my face.

"ow" i groan, rubbing the back on my neck.

"y/n look!" draco yells. i look up, seeing harry potter's head floating above me. i can hardly believe my eyes, before i feel a tug underneath me, almost like fabric is caught beneath me. whatever is caught comes loose, and harry's head disappears. i see footsteps retreating into the forest, and look to see ron retreating in the opposite direction.

"come on" draco's arm wraps around me, lifting me up. he drapes his arm around my shoulder, "we've got to tell someone potter's out here without a permission slip, and with what looks to be an invisibility cloak" i nod, letting draco walk me back up the hill as a lean against him, limping slightly from my fall.

__________________________

"professor!" draco shouts, running up behind snape in the hallway

"yes, malfoy?" he turns around, then seeing me elevating my sprained ankle, "oh miss y/l/n... are you alright?"

"it was potter professor" draco says, "in hogsmeade. we went to the shrieking shack and the young weasley boy was there, by himself. at least we thought he was. then we started getting pelted with snowballs out of nowhere. y/n went towards where they were coming from and tripped over nothing, that's why her ankles all.." he trails off, looking over at me before looking back at snape, "when she fell, potter's head came out above her, just floating there! it was only for a moment before he disappeared again, but he was there. i swear it!"

snape looks at me, raising his eyebrow, "it's true professor" i sigh, "i saw him"

snape nods, "i will see to it that potter is confronted" he crosses his arms, "malfoy bring miss y/l/n to madam pomfrey at once, i will deal with the boy"

he walks past us, leaving draco smiling widely. he helps me to the nurse, bragging the whole time about how he's finally bested potter, how he'll surely get expelled for this one. i just play along, feeling the slightest bit of guilt for playing any part in harry's demise. at least this time draco's actually telling the truth.

__________________________

that night at dinner, we all observe the large hourglasses that keep track of house points. all of us stare at gryffindors, trying to tell if any rubies are missing from potter's antics.

"nothing?!" draco exclaims, "i swear. potter could break every school rule and dumbledore would still cover for him" he shakes his head, "unbelievable" he mutters, taking a scoop of his pudding.

"i guess we don't have much proof" i shrug, "does suck they didn't at least lose points though"

everyone agrees. slytherin's have been furious at gryffindor every since potter arrived. we had a seven year winning streak, and now potter wins his house massive amounts of points every year, and manages to never get points taken away. draco scowls at his dessert for the rest of the evening, muttering to himself constantly as we all talk about our plans for the upcoming week.

__________________________

heyy everyone. hope you enjoyed today's chapter. i may be able to post again tonight buttt no promises haha :) comment/vote/share please! leave any requests or suggestions in the comments. sorry if there are any typos i didn't have time to proofread this one as much bc i'm going out today.

recently i keep planning ideas for the story and now i'm so excited for the later years lmaooo