chapter 54

draco's pov

one second, i'm looking down at her lips, thinking about two months ago when she told me not to kiss her, wishing more than anything that this wasn't the case. the next, i feel her hands against my cheeks, pulling my towards her. her lips touch mine, and i feel the sparks instantly, her hands moving across the back of my head and through my hair.

still taken aback, i pull away from her slightly, feeling her palms rest on my cheeks as i look down into her eyes. she looks worried, her grip loosening slightly. we're both breathing heavily, overwhelmed by everything. we look back into each other's eyes, and she nods slightly, looking up at me with a small smile. it's finally happening.

without thinking any further, i place my hands firmly on her waist, pulling her back towards me. time stops, our lips meeting again as her hands run back through my hair, pulling me even closer to her. i slowly trail my hands up her back, resting it on the side of her neck to keep her lips against mine. as my hands move up to her cheeks, hers move down to rest on my shoulder.

i feel my heart skip a beat, pounding against my chest harder and harder the longer the kiss goes on. i don't think i ever want it to end. but it does. after what feels like an eternity, she pulls away from me, letting her hands run down to chest. my hands still on her cheeks, i slowly move my thumb back and forth, not wanting to let go just yet.

she looks up at me, biting back her lip to hold in a smile, "glad i didn't leave you in the lake"

i chuckle, dropping my hands and moving my hair off my face, wrapping one hand around the railing and leaning against it, her hands fall from my chest and i smile, "can't say i disagree"

she smirks and cross her arms, pulling my sweater tighter around her and shivering slightly, "i wish we could just stay up here" she says quietly, starting to walk around the terrace, "it is really peaceful. i see why you like it" she finishes thoughtfully, going against the wall our bags are on and sliding down against it, sitting down on the floor and retreating into my jumper.

"everything's too complicated. the tournament..." she trails off, looking to her side through the nearest railing, "i pretend my best but..." she looks back at me, "i'm scared, draco"

"you've been doing brilliantly" i say, walking over to her, "even if you don't win"

"i don't care about winning" she sighs, leaning her head against the wall, "i care about why someone would put my name in"

i hesitate, trying to think of what to say next. she's right. it's scary to think someone put her name in with an ulterior motive. i sit myself down, moving in next to her against the wall.

"well if someone was trying to kill you, they're doing an awful job" i smile, trying to lighten the mood

"yeah" she says quietly, moving in closer to me and wrapping her hand around my wrist, pulling my arm up and around her shoulders. she leans her head against my chest, and i feel it tighten. i know my heart's pounding again, feeling nerves build up in my stomach every second she lays against me. i try and relax into it, hugging her slightly into my chest and taking a deep breath

"it'll be okay" i whisper, resting my head on top of hers and looking out at the grounds. i feel her shift around slightly, getting more comfortable against me. she shuts her eyes, but i let her be, i'll wake her up in a bit. for now, she needs rest.

__________________________

your pov

"fuck" i blink my eyes open, seeing the sun rising ahead of me. i feel a rising and falling behind my head a quickly sit up, seeing draco next to me. shit. i look around me, seeing our stuff scattered around the floor of the astronomy tower... must've been windy last night. i immediately stand up, starting to shove things back into our respective bags.