chapter 14

the next week is gruelling, but totally worth it. we end up beating ravenclaw, narrowly. we would've done better in flint didn't keep hitting people off they're brooms and getting us penalties. the common room is filled with music and laughing that night, everyone excited that we're closer to winning the cup. the team all showers and gets changed out of our uniforms before joining the party.

"you were incredible y/n" daphne runs up to me as i come down from the dorms, giving me a hug.

"oh please it was nothing" i laugh and she raises her eyebrow, "ok ok i did to pretty well" she smiles, hugging me again.

"that last save was brilliant!" blaise runs over to me, patting me on the back. i thank him, although i'm looking past him to draco, who's surrounding by a group of girls complimenting how he caught the snitch.

"excuse me" i whisper to my friends, walking past them over to draco.

"hey" i yell to him over the noise, he turns, noticing me and then walking past the crowd around him, coming up to me, "fantastic catch" i smile, hitting him in the shoulder

"you did all right too" he smirks, "you know, for a rookie" i roll my eyes

"you're getting quite a lot of attention" i nod towards the group of girls behind him, who are still turning to look at him every now and then

"it's whatever" he shrugs, although i know he's probably eating this up.

soon it's over an hour past curfew, and the prefects finally get us all to settle down and go to bed, although the whole dorm stays up talking forever. they mostly talk about who they think the most attractive guy on our team is, although i keep ruining their fun by reminding them how awful their personalities off the field are.

__________________________

"so what i'm thinking is we dress up in all black, storm onto the field, and scare the living daylights out of him" draco says to the guys as we eat dinner, a week after our victory over ravenclaw. they're up against gryffindor next, in a couple weeks, and draco has been scheming all week how to throw potter off his game.

"i'm in" crabbe and goyle say

"i'm all set" blaise shakes his head, putting his drink down

i nod, "good move blaise" blaise smiles and draco glares at me, "what! you're just going to lose us points. you know they all love potter. any prank against him is gonna seriously hurt us"

"she's right" blaise says, looking over at draco

"fine. i'll just get flint to do it instead of you" he scowls, shaking his head at blaise and standing up, walking down the table towards the seventh years to talk to marcus.

"i think it's a great plan" goyle sneers

"yeah well you're an idiot" daphne reminds him, and we all chuckle. goyle frowns slightly, continuing to eat his food.

__________________________

a couple weeks of classes pass, nothing super interesting. draco says that he noticed potter having secret meetings with lupin, he's obsessed with trying to figure out what they're doing. i tell him to leave it alone, and he ends up losing interest by the end of the week.

before i know it, it's time for the gryffindor v. ravenclaw match. at breakfast, i try and convince draco one more time not to mess with potter, but he can't be persuaded. i throw on my scarf and hat, getting up with blaise and walking to the stands.