chapter 32

"are we still going to the quidditch pitch?" i yell after draco as we file out of breakfast. he's walking ahead of me with crabbe and goyle, not looking back, "oi! malfoy! i know you can hear me" i yell louder, standing still amongst the crowd until draco looks back

"meet you there" he grumbles, turning back and continuing to walk. i sigh, jogging to try and catch up with him, but he's lost in the crowd.

_________________________

"what was all that about?" i say to draco when i'm finally able to reach him, on the pathway to the quidditch pitch

"what was all what about?" he says casually, not turning to look back at me

"your attitude in the great hall" i say sharply, "you didn't speak all of breakfast and then just walked out without me. we had plans draco"

"and we're going to those plans right now, are we not?" he's clearly annoyed with me, but i can't tell from what

"will you cut that out!" i raise my voice at him, grabbing his shoulder and spinning him around to face me, "talk to me, draco" he clears his throat, breathing heavily with a stern look on his face, continuously looking up and down, breaking my eye contact.

"are you seeing diggory?" he finally says, looking up into my eyes

"what?" i laugh slightly, letting my hand slip from his shoulder, "what kind of question is that?"

"well?" draco raises his eyebrow, "are you?"

"no! of course not" i try and contain another laugh, furrowing my brow and looking at draco, "what would give you that impression"

"the way he looked at you, after he put his name in" draco shrugs slightly, now looking down to avoid my eyes, "he had that stupid smirk on his face whilst he waved to you-"

"draco calm down" i laugh, placing both my hands on his upper arms, crouching slightly to try and meet his eyes, "if something was going on, i would have told you"

he bites his lip, still looking slightly hurt and confused, "promise?" he meets my eyes

"i promise" i smile, letting go of his arms, "now if you're all done freaking out over nothing" i smirk at him, "i believe we have some quidditch to play"

_________________________

"i think the durmstrang champions quite obvious" i say, tossing the quaffle to draco as we soar over the quidditch pitch, "obviously krum will get chosen"

"my eyes on warrington for hogwarts" draco replies, doing a loop in the air before throwing the ball back to me. quidditch season has been cancelled, since all focus is on the tournament, but we figured it would still be fun to take our brooms for a spin. he's calmed down since earlier, now back to his rather annoying self.

"you're only saying that because he's in our house" i roll my eyes, i don't think warrington has a shot.

draco shrugs, "better than pretty-boy diggory" he says in a mocking tone. he's gotten bolder since learning other people aren't fond of cedric either.

"cedric is not just a pretty face" i say coldly, "you heard hermione. he has great marks. i think he would make a fantastic champion"

"a champion from hufflepuff?" draco laughs, "their house is a joke"

"what? you think you could do better in the tournament than cedric?" i raise my eyebrow, catching the quaffle from draco and steading by broom, staying still to look at draco seriously.

"that's not the point" draco says quickly, "but i think i would do excellently" he adds with a smirk, puffing out his chest slightly

"sure you would" i laugh slightly, throwing the ball back to him, "i think i stand a better chance than you"

"c'mon now you're just being silly" he laughs, but i maintain a serious face, "no way! i wouldn't let you enter anyways"

"didn't realize i had asked for your permission" i raise my eyebrows at him and he chuckles, tossing the ball back over

"it's too dangerous" he shakes his head

"what? you don't think i could do it?" i say, tilting my head

"no but i wouldn't want you to risk it, i can't lose-" he says, coming to meet my eyes, "like you said last year" he clears his throat, "can't stand the rest of our group without you to make fun of them with" he then tucks the quaffle under his arm, turning and soaring back toward the ground. i watch after him as he lands, putting the quaffle back into the box. i brush my hair back and sigh, quickly following him down to the grass.

_________________________

the dinner feast feels painfully long that evening, everyone eager to learn who will be chosen from each school. after what feels like an eternity, the golden plates in front of us are magically emptied, and dumbledore stands from his seat and approaches the podium.

"well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision" says dumbledore, "i estimate that it requires one more minute. now, when the champions' names are called, i would ask them please to come to the top of the hall, walk along the staff table, and go through to the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instructions"

with a wave of his wand, all of the candles are extinguished in the hall, except for those in the large jack-o-lanterns hagrid set up up front. the goblet's white blue flames shine brightly throughout the hall, everyone on the edge of their seats, waiting for it to choose. suddenly, the flames burn a bright red, and sparks begin to fly out of it. next moment, a large flame shoots up out of the center, a piece of parchment on its end.

"the champion for durmstrang" dumbledore says as he catches the slip, " will be viktor krum"

a storm of applause erupts throughout the hall, everyone at our table congratulating krum as he gets up and walks across the room, disappearing into the next room. a second piece of parchment flies out, and fleur delacour is announced as the beauxbatons champion. that leaves only us left. everyone goes silent, all anxious to see which of our names will fly out of the cup next.

"the hogwarts champion" dumbledore calls, "is cedric diggory!"

"YES!" i shout, standing and cheering along with the rest of the school. well, most of us. the hufflepuff's are by far the loudest, and the slytherins the quietest, but daphne, pansy, and i, cheer loudly enough for our whole table.

"excellent!" dumbledore says happily as the last of us stop cheering, "well, we now have our three champions. i am sure i can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from beauxbatons and durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. by cheering your champions on, you will contribute in a very real-"

suddenly, dumbledore stops speaking as the flames turn red again. a hush falls over the hall, with small whispers running throughout the crowd. a spark flies up, this one carrying two slips of paper. dumbledore catches them instantly, holding them out in front of him. a long pause follows as he reads the slips, over and over again, before finally clearing his throat and speaking-

"harry potter..." the whisper intensify, everyone staring at harry, who looks to be in a state of shock, "... and y/n y/l/n"

_________________________

chile anyways so....

next chap will be out tonight!

vote/comment/share xx

p.s. thank you for 12k reads :)