chapter 11

my mother saw a letter from you come in. recognized your last name, my father says you're a respectable family. he never seemed to care last year, i guess now that you're father's back his opinions changed. it's all crap if you ask me.

anyways, since they've noticed, they want you're family to come to our manor for dinner. i told them that was alright. hope you can make it. friday, come at 17:00.

oh and wear something nice.

- d.m.

i finish draco's letter and laugh a little. of course the malfoy's are just as stuck-up as my dad's side of the family. now that he's back home, we're back in their good graces. they don't like my mum very much, since she doesn't support you-know-who and well... my dad's family does. when dad was gone they would barely speak to her, but now they've been giving us loads. feels nice to be a noble pure-blood family again, i hate to admit it, but the special treatment is nice.

all of christmas break, draco has been staying in touch. as have my other friends. i saw daphne and pansy once, they came over to exchange gifts. pansy was all upset because draco hasn't wrote her. lucky me, i had hidden his letters to me before she came.

i tell my mum that we're invited to the malfoy's, and she couldn't look more happy and more disgusted at the same time. it's no secret what draco's parents did when you-know-who was in power. even though they deny it, i don't think i believe them... my mum definitely doesn't. however, it is an honor to be invited there, seeing as they're a pretty high class wizarding family, so she accepts the invitation and tells me to let father know.

it's been great having father back, aside from the special perks. he's been flying with me again, he's super proud i'm on the quidditch team. and he tells me loads of stories on his adventures of the past two years. some are quite dark, but still interesting.

__________________________

friday rolls around soon enough. i'm getting ready while daphne is behind me, well... she's using the floo network to speak to me through my fireplace.

"i can't believe you've been invited to the malfoy's" her tone is somewhere between jealousy and excitement, "pansy will kill you if she ever finds out"

"i know" i groan, "which is why you better keep your mouth shut" i turn to glare at her, but she only laughs. my threats usually don't affect her much.

"that's a lovely dress" she smiles, admiring the emerald green dress i'm wearing. it's silk, comes about to my mid-thigh, and has small spaghetti straps. although it's mostly covered by the black dress robe i wear overtop it. i also have on small black heels, "draco's going to love it"

"i'm not concerned about what draco thinks" i chuckle, fixing my makeup in the mirror. i can see daphne raise her eyebrow being me, but she stays silent.

my mum calls for me from downstairs, "you better get going" i say to daphne, "we're going to be using the floo to get there" daphne nods and disappears from the flames. i check my reflection one more time before leaving my room, walking down towards the floo room.

we moved once my dad came back. grandparents let us inherit their second home. it's quite a lot bigger than i'm used to. a proper wizarding manor, it is. old, grand, and way more space than any three person family needs. i'm a little disgusted by it honestly. we did nothing to deserve it other than being pure-blood. i shudder at the thought as i enter the floo room, seeing my parents waiting in front of the fire for me.

"there you are!" my mum exclaims, "i thought we were going to be late" she gathers me and my dad up, both of us trying to hold in laughs at mum's nervous state. she sprinkles in some floo powder and sends me through first. i shout, malfoy manor, and in a second i'm gone.