chapter 25

"are you sure you're alright?" pansy says, looking at me from across the table. we sit in the corner of the leaky cauldron, they've gotten me water, and also a copy of the daily prophet to read over what happened that night at the world cup.

"i just can't believe it" i say, putting down the paper, "you really think it was death eaters?"

"unless someone else is just using the dark mark to pin it on them" pansy shrugs, "but i doubt it" i look down at the picture on the front page, of the skull with a snake emerging from the clouds. i swallow my water nervously, flipping the paper over so i don't have to stare at the image any longer.

we leave our table, walking back out onto the streets to get our school books, along with new cauldrons. once we finish shopping, i say goodbye to them and go back home. i debate whether or not to ask my parents about what i've found out, but i decide against it. clearly they don't want to speak about it, or they would have said something about it by now. i go into my room, flopping down onto my bed with a great sigh.

__________________________

"Y/N!!!" i hear shouts from behind me on the train platform, and i turn to see daphne and pansy running towards me.

"daphne!! pansy!" i laugh, running up to them and joining in a group hug. we all exchange short greetings before turning back to our individual families, saying goodbye before we all get on the train.

this time around, we all manage to find a cabin together, buying candy from the trolley for all of us to split. we all catch up over what's happened over the past week since we met up in diagon alley. a knock on the door take us out of the conversation, seeing draco at the door. daphne leans over at slides the door open.

"hey" he smiles, "mind if i join?"

i immediately look at pansy, trying to assess her reaction to draco. but she smiles back at him, "sure" she says, gesturing across from her, to the seat next to me in the cabin. i breathe a sigh of relief, glad we won't have to worry about any pansy/draco drama this year. i remind myself to ask draco about the world cup once we're alone, not wanting to get in an argument with him in front of the girls. we chat more before another knock comes at the door. i look up, seeing blaise, crabbe, and goyle standing on the either side of the glass.

i look away, but i can feel everyone in the cabin's eyes on me. i look back up, all of them looking between me and blaise.

"well if none of you are going to get the bloody door" i scowl, putting my food on the seat and standing up, throwing open the door before either of them can protest.

"hello y/n-" blaise says, but he barely has time to get the words out before i slap him across the face. i can hear my friends behind me gasp, and i almost do to, surprising myself.

"oh shit" draco whispers behind me

"nice to see you too" blaise mutters, rubbing his cheek that has now turned bright red

"nice to see me?" i hiss, "unless your letters got lost in sky, it's not nice to see you"

crabbe and goyle begin to back down the hallway, but blaise turns and glares at them, causing them to stop dead in their tracks and retreat back to his side.

"i'm sorry i didn't write y/n" he says, pausing for a moment.

"save your sorries" i say, "i think you should tell daphne why you haven't written me" i cross my arms, looking at him smugly as his face goes pale.

"draco did you-?" he looks at draco furiously, draco nods slightly, trying to control a smile. blaise then looks to daphne.

"what is there to tell me?" daphne says, standing and coming next to me

"yeah blaise" i smirk, "what is there?"

"uh..." he clears his throat, "you know how we went to geneva?" daphne nods, tapping her foot waiting for him to continue, "i've become.... fond, of your sister"

"my sister?" daphne says slowly, "you like my bloody sister?!" she raises her voice, shoving blaise backwards

"woah woah woah" draco says, standing and grabbing daphne's arms. he looks at blaise, staring him straight in the eyes, "i think it's best you leave now, blaise" he says between his teeth, glaring at blaise all the way down the corridor, shutting the door once he's out of sight.

as daphne starts to calm down, draco lets go of her arms, taking her shoulders and directed her back to her seat. he then looks at me, taking me by the elbow and bringing me to sit next to him.

"hey are you-" pansy starts, placing her hand over daphne's

"i'm fine" she says angrly, "let's just move on"

pansy then looks up at me, and i nod, letting her know i'm okay too. the rest of the train ride we avoid the subject, and daphne cheers up by the time we arrive at hogwarts.

__________________________

"i can't believe you actually hit him" draco laughs, sitting next to me in our spot at the back of the library. we had just unpacked our things when he waved me out of the common room, bringing me here.

"i told you i would be upset once i saw him" i shake my head, leaning back against the couch.

"that was an understatement" he chuckles, stretching his legs out onto the table, "i'm glad pansy never did that to me"

"surprised she didn't" i laugh, "maybe next time you screw a girl over i'll get lucky, and she'll beat your ass"

he chuckles, "you're awful" he stretches his arms across the back of the couch, and i see a group of year 3 ravenclaw girls look at him, giggling amongst themselves. he smirks and they all turn away, whispering amongst themselves.

"okay that's enough draco" i hit his arm off the couch

"what! i'm having fun" he smiles at the girls again and i roll my eyes

"i was joking about you messing with more girls" i whisper, "don't go looking for trouble" i scold him, as we get up from our seats. he smirks one more time at them girls before i grab his arm, pulling him toward the library door. not looking where i'm going, i feel myself run into something, or rather, someone...

"sorry about that" the boy i've ran into smiles at me, picking up my book that i dropped when i hit into him, and looking at the title, "home life and social habits of british muggles" he recites the title, "you take muggle studies? i loved that class"

"really?" i grin, "it's one of my favorites"

"well if you ever need any help, i'm all yours" he laughs, "cedric" he holds out his hand, "diggory" he finishes with a smile

"y/n" i shake his hand, returning his kind smile before draco coughs behind me.

"aren't we headed to the common room?" he says, glaring at cedric

"oh um.." i turn to cedric, "it was nice meeting you but we have to go see our friends now"

cedric smiles, "that's no problem. i'll see you around" he waves, walking past us to a group of hufflepuffs in a corner and sitting down. all of them welcome him with high fives and laughs.

"coming then?" draco says with a stern face, now in front of me. i clear my throat and nod, following him out of the library. i look back over my shoulder, seeing cedric sitting on the library table. as he laughs with his friends, we make brief eye contact, and i quickly spin my head back around, biting my cheeks to control my smile and i hold my book tightly to my chest, following draco down the hall.

__________________________

told u i had lots of ideas for year 4. having LOTS of fun w this sooo far :) hope u guys like it as well. vote/comment/share, new chap will be out tonight! xx

p.s. thank u for 6k reads!