chapter 58

dracos pov

i peer around the corner, checking that the coast is clear before waving y/n to follow me down the hall. i can feel her trailing behind me, both of us walking quietly to make sure we don't gain any unwanted attention. seeing how dark it is outside, it must be past curfew.

then, a light appears at the end of the hall. fuck. i think, looking around quickly. i immediately identify the broom closet where we stored our bags, just a couple feet away.

"quick, in here" i reach back without thinking, grabbing y/n's wrist and pulling her forward, opening the closet door, and pushing her inside. i shut the door as softly and quickly as possible behind me, breathing heavily from the sudden rush of adrenaline. leaning my ear against the wood of the door, i can hear faint footsteps outside, and the soft meow of filch's cat, mrs. norris.

"draco-" y/n whispers.

"sh" i hiss out, turning my head to her as my finger flies up, covering her lips. we're bound to get caught if she talks. i meet her eyes, realizing how close she is to me. the closet is small, there's already very little room between me, her, and the wall. i slowly pull my hand back, looking her up and down and trying to slow my breathing.

she looks up at me, meeting my eyes. i can feel the tension in the room rising, both of us waiting for the other to make a move. slowly, i move my gaze down to her lips, trying to decide whether i should be the one to lean in. before i can make a move, however, i feel her hands grab my face, pulling my lips down to hers.

the kiss intensifies as i lean into it, bracing myself against the wall behind her while pushing her against it. i feel her hands trail down my cheeks, onto my neck, then pulling me even closer to her. getting the hint, i take one hand off the wall, bringing it to cup the side of her face, helping to hold her against me. i feel her smile against my lips, her hands trailing down to rest on my chest.

i don't want it to end, my thoughts consumed with this moment. suddenly, though, she breaks away, putting a hand over my mouth and turning her head to the door. i hit her on the shoulder lightly, and once she looks back at me i raise my eyebrows, asking her what's going on. she puts one finger over her lip, mouthing "shh" and nodding her head to the door. i hear a faint scratching and then mrs. norris's meow. i struggle to hold in a laugh, knowing we were only seconds away from getting caught making out in the broom closet. after a few moments, we can hear the footsteps trail away, and we both breath a sigh of relief. i look back at her, a smirk forming on my face.

"shut up" she rolls her eyes, smiling and hitting my chest

"i didn't say anything!" i laugh as she leans down, grabbing her bag and handing me mine

"yeah well you were going to" she chuckles, pushing past me to the door. she looks over her shoulder at me with a smile, before turning the knob and opening the door.

__________________________

your pov

i walk into potions, exhausted from doing homework all night. i stand at my station in the middle of the room, with daphne and pansy across from me. we're a bit early today, because we were all in the common room together before class, giving us a very short walk. the door swings open behind me and i look back, seeing draco walking in with crabbe and goyle. they're all laughing loudly, draco only pausing for a second when he meets my eyes. as he walks past, he pulls his hand out of his pocket, a small piece of paper folded between his fingers. he drops it in front of me subtly, continuing to talk to the boys. i bite back my smile as he turns his head over his shoulder at me, raising his eyebrows quickly, signalling for me to open the note.