chapter 23

i spend the rest of that day with draco, leaving his house just before dinner time. for the next couple weeks we write almost daily. the week before school starts draco sends me a letter, asking if i would like to come to the quidditch world cup with his family. i was already planning on going with my parents, so i ask draco if they can tag along. he says that there is room in their box for all three of us, so the plans are set. my father goes on and on about the importance of maintaining a good relationship with the malfoys, and other old wizarding families, to help up our social class even further. it's a boring conversation that i'm tired of hearing, personally i don't see the use in friendships for personal gain.

on the morning of the quidditch world cup i put on a black dress with a orange, green, and white sweater over it, as i'm rooting for ireland. however, when i go downstairs my father says i must change into all black, that it's only "proper" to dress up since we'll be in the minister's box.

"but dad it's quidditch!" i whine, "you're meant to wear your teams colors"

"not when you're in the company of the minister. now go change" he says, not looking up from the paper. i sigh loudly, making sure he knows i'm annoyed as i stomp back upstairs. i keep on the black dress and put a loose, sheer jumper on over it. i put on white sneakers because i would still like to be somewhat comfortable, and grab my ireland scarf as well. i refuse to wear all black to a quidditch tournament, it's idiotic. i rush downstairs with all my things, back into the dining room where my parents are.

"is this acceptable father" i say, not really caring if he says yes or no. he looks up at me and nods slightly, then looking back at his paper.

"you look lovely sweetheart" my mum smiles. after my parent's finish up eating my father rounds us up and apparates us to the grounds of the quidditch world cup. we're meant to meet the malfoy's at the minister's box, since it's awfully hard to find people outside of the stands. we begin to make our way to the arena, climbing up loads of stairs on the way up to the box.

"blimey dad how far up are we?" i hear a familiar voice coming from the staircase above us. i look up to see the weasley's, along with hermione and harry, stopped at the nearest landing.

"ron!" i yell up to him, trying to get his attention. he looks down and sees me, smiling and waving slightly before nudging hermione.

"y/n!!" hermione smiles, leaning over the railing so i can hear her better, "it's lovely to see you!"

"you as well!" i shout back, "mum, dad, this is hermione granger, and that's ron weasley" i point to each of them, "and this" i say as harry turns round to face us, "is harry potter"

"harry potter" my mum says in awe, "it's a pleasure to meet you"

"you as well mrs. y/l/n" harry smiles, "hi y/n" he waves to me and i wave back, about to ask him how's summer been when ron's dad begins speaking, "it's up quite a few more flights ginny" responding to her asking how much farther up they have to walk

i'm about to introduce myself to mr. weasley when a familiar voice speaks out from behind me, a voice i was hoping i could go longer before hearing, "well, put it this way" i turn my head back to see lucius malfoy walking towards us, coming to stop next to us on the rail. i look next to him at draco, who looks just as stern as his father in an all black suit, "if it rains... you'll be the first to know" i look away from my friend's awkwardly, embarrassed by lucius's comments.

"father and i are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of cornelius fudge himself" draco says proudly, walking up from behind his father.

"don't boast, draco" lucius hits at draco's stomach with the end of his cane, "there's no need with these people" draco scowls, finally looking over and seeing me. his face softens slightly, perhaps ashamed of how he's acting. he should be. the weasley's begin to turn to walk upstairs, but lucius doesn't seem to be done tormenting them.

"do enjoy yourself, won't you?" lucius says, stopping harry from turning with his cane, "while you can" he adds, lifting his cane and letting harry go. they all scurry up the stairs, hermione looking back once at me, with a look of disappointment on her face. i'm distracted by them, not realizing my parents have started speaking with lucius.

"narcissa is already up in the box" he says, his whole demeanor having changed now that the weasley's are gone, "we better hurry so we can talk to cornelius before the game begins" my father and mother both smile. i can't believe they aren't appalled by lucius's behavior, or if they are they're just very good at hiding it. i trail after them up the stairs, trying to keep my distance. but after a few flights draco slows down, eventually getting to stand next to me as we make our way up the stadium.

"we're in the minister's box" i mock draco, rolling my eyes, "seriously?" i whisper to him, "could you be anymore of a prat"

"i just told the truth" draco shrugs, tucking his hands in his pockets.

i give a disapproving stare at him, deciding it's best not to argue with him right now, as we're reaching our seats. my mum turns and fixes my dress, and tucks my hair behind my ears, before giving an approving nod and turning to signal for lucius to open the door.

the door opens, and i can see why draco bragged about the seats. the box is quite grand, with nice seats and a wonderful view of the quidditch pitch. draco and i walk in behind our parents, who make their way immediately to the minister of magic, cornelius fudge.

"ah, fudge" lucius says, extending his hand to the minister, "how are you? i don't think you've met my wife, narcissa?" he says, gesturing to narcissa as she takes his side, "or our son, draco?" he waves for draco to step forward, so he leaves my side and stands next to his father.

"how do you do, how do you do" fudge smiles, bowing to mrs. malfoy and shaking draco's hand. he then, turns to my parents, "and who are your guests this evening"

"ah why this is mr. and mrs. marcus y/l/n" lucius smiles, gesturing towards my parents.

"evelyn" my mum smiles, bowing to the minister. my father shakes his hand as they exchange greetings, "and this is our daughter" she wraps her arm around my waist, pulling me between her and dad, "y/n. she is in draco's class at hogwarts"

"oh that's lovely" fudge smiles, shaking my hand, "always good to meet the bright young wizards and witches of the future" he gives a nod of approval, before excusing himself and walking to the front of the box, taking his seat next to the bulgarian minister of magic.

we take our seats on the opposite end of the box, draco and i sitting in the front row with our mum's on either side of us, while our father's sit the row behind us, whispering constantly. probably about politics, which father never shuts his mouth about. when the game begins, cheers erupt from the crowd. banners and fireworks are being shot off almost every second as the teams are introduced. i feel silly shouting out when ireland comes out, as everyone else in the box is silent. i shut my mouth tightly and sit back down, already getting quite bored of being here. the game is no fun sitting down silently, we're meant to cheer and scream and jump. after a few shots have been made, i excuse myself for the "bathroom", sneaking out of the box and going back to the staircase where we had seen the weasley's, climbing them quickly in search of somewhere else to sit for awhile.

__________________________

does anyone know how to shift realities bc tik tok rlly has me wanting to try that out. anyways hope you enjoyed today's chapter, i'll try and post again tonight! vote/comment/share :) thank u for all the support xx

p.s thank u so much for 5k reads :))))