chapter 59

"get out of bed! you're going to be late" a pillow hits me over the head, waking me up from my sleep

"stoppp" i whine, pushing the pillow off my face

"we thought you would be down for breakfast soon, but you never showed"

"this explains it i suppose"

i finally lift my head, seeing pansy and daphne standing on either side of my bed, already completely dressed. i look over at the clock, seeing it read 10:00. only 15 minutes until we leave for hogsmeade.

i quickly climb out of bed, brushing down my tangled hair and grabbing clothes out of my chest. i pull out white jeans and my quidditch sweater and throw them on quickly while checking my reflection in the mirror. it will have to do. i just have time to pack a bag with money before pansy and daphne rush me out the door and then upstairs to the entrance hall.

we make it just in time, skidding to a halt next to the rest of our friend group.

"pay up crabbe" goyle snickers, "told you they'd make it" the boys all laugh as crabbe drops a galleon into goyle's palm.

"nice sweater" a voice whispers by my ear. i glance over to see draco standing behind me, dressed cleanly in all black, his hands in his pockets.

"thanks" i shrug, i've worn this sweater billions of times.

"i'd just assumed we were keeping things quiet" he speaks again, softly, his chest now touching my back as he moves closer to me

"what are you talking about, draco?" i look back at him, still not understanding what he's getting at. his eyes flick down to the sleeve of my sweater, and i follow his gaze, seeing the carefully stitched lettering on the side. malfoy 07

"shit" i mumble, "i meant to grab mine" we slowly all start walking to hogsmeade, draco and i lagging behind the rest of the group, "do you think they'll notice?"

"i noticed" he smirks, quickening his pace to catch up with the others. i sigh, moving up between him and goyle.

__________________________

"-and she's still upset because blaise didn't ask her to yule ball" daphne rolls her eyes, "even though she told him she wasn't going to be here"

"is this the fourth time they've split?"

"fifth" daphne groans, "i only agreed to go to to the ball with him because i thought they had it all sorted out. clearly they didn't" she drops down the dress she's holding, sinking into the chair next to me. she's been complaining about astoria and blaise our whole visit to hogsmeade, which isn't my ideal conversation... but it's keeping the attention off of me. or so i thought

"malfoy?" daphne says slowly, grabbing at my sleeve, "you-"

"sh!" i say quickly, tugging my arm away from her grip and looking around the shop. it's crowded with other hogwarts students

"you're wearing his-"

"i know" i whisper between my teeth, "i didn't mean to"

"is that where you've been-"

"will you shut it!" i exclaim, hitting her in the shoulder. she jumps back, lowering her eyebrows. i nod towards the door, lifting her out of her chair. she understands and follows me outside, taking a breath of the cool air. it's slowly starting to warm up from the winter months, tomorrow being the first day of spring.

"care to explain to me how you've acquired malfoy's sweater?" she raises her eyebrow, crossing her arms and smirking

"think we got them mixed up during quidditch season"