chapter 47

"hey" i breath out, relieved at the sight of cedric's face

"hey" he smiles, sitting up in his chair a bit, "i was about to leave... thought you'd forgotten"

"no, of course not" i shake my head, "just lost track of time"

he pats the seat next to him as i walk over, sitting down where he's instructed. i don't want to talk about draco, about everything that's gone on. i just want to forget, and distract myself.

"i think i've had a breakthrough" cedric whispers

"really?" i laugh, a genuine smile coming to my face for the first time today

"i will be honest, professor moody gave me a bit of help" he looks down, reaching into his bag and grabbing his golden egg, "we have to listen to it underwater. to hear the message?" he raises his eyebrows, dropping the egg back into his bag

"while that's great and all... i don't know where we're going to listen to it"

"upstairs" cedric says immediately, "there's a pretty big bath on the 5th floor" my face contorts in confusion, "prefects bathroom" he adds, realizing i don't know what he's talking about

"well that's great then!" i smile, "you'll let me know what it says?"

"no" he laughs, "you're coming with me" he starts to stand up, then looks down, realizing i'm not following, "with swimsuits, of course" he clears his throat, "assuming you.. have one" he gets quieter as the sentence goes on, looking away nervously

"oh" i exclaim, "yeah, sure. i have one down in my room"

"great! we can go grab it and then-"

"i-" i cut him off, thinking it's best i don't bring him down to the slytherin corridor right now, "i will go get my swimsuit, and i'll meet you up there?" i smile a little, begging he'll say yes

he pauses for a second, looking me over, but then shrugs, "that works, i guess" he picks up his bag, pushing back in his chair, "i'll see you there then. i'll wait outside"

i nod to him as he smiles back, walking out of the library. i exhale, already dreading walking back to the common room.

__________________________

luckily when i get there, draco is nowhere to be found. pansy and daphne have moved positions, now sitting in back corner. i'm glad they don't notice me come in, i don't want to get caught up in conversation and have to make cedric wait for me again. i quickly grab my swimsuit, along with my golden egg (just in case my clue is different from cedric's), throw them in a bag, and hurry back out into the hall. i make my way up to the fifth floor, spying cedric leaned against a wall as i come up the staircase. he waves to me once he notices, smiling.

"no one else is in there" he says as i approach, "c'mon i've got the password" he turns to the door and says 'pine fresh', and it swings open, revealing the bathroom inside. i step in behind cedric, admiring the gorgeous stained glass windows, and the giant pool-like tub beneath it. differents taps surround the outer rim, all giving out various bright colors of water and bubbles.

"it's like a resort in here" i look around as i say it. high ceilings, bathrobes and towels pressed and hung in an alcove by the tub, everything cleaned immaculately, "why aren't all the loo's like this?"

"probably my favorite perk of being a prefect" he laughs, putting down his bag by the edge of the bath, "stalls are over there" he nods to the opposite end of the room, "for you to change"

i smile, thanking him and walking further into the bathroom. i pick the nearest stall and change quickly into my swimsuit. it's a simple black one piece, pretty modest except it has a bit of a low back. i take out my egg and then stuff my other clothes into my bag. while pushing open the stall door, i start to pull my hair back into a ponytail- when i turn around to see cedric standing with his back to me, leaning over his own bag of things. my hair falls from my hands as i look at him, now shirtless and in swim trunks, standing before me. luckily by the time he turns around, i've gathered back up my hair and manage to act as though i haven't been staring.