chapter 68

"okay well, be careful. and- and if anything, i mean anything, is going on-"

"i'll write you, i promise" i smile back at my mum, who's holding my shoulders tightly, waiting outside the train, "and there's no need to worry, no tournaments this year" i tease, but she doesn't look amused. the train whistle blows and my mom looks up anxiously

"is it time already?" she sighs, gripping me slightly tighter, "ok well" she takes a deep breath, "i will see you at christmas, make sure you-"

"writeee, i know" i laugh, going in to hug her quickly before pulling away, giving her a wave as i climb back onto the train, finding the compartment where i left my things.

daphne's waiting in there, her feet up on the seat. i sigh, leaning against the cabin door

"made it just in time" she laughs

"my mum won't get off my back" i grumble, looking down the hall. i'll have to lean soon for the prefects meeting.

"i don't know if you've forgotten, but a death eater tried to kill you last year" she raises her eyebrow, smirking slightly. i nod, i suppose she's right.

i laugh a little and look out the window, watching as the scenery of king's cross slowly drifts away.

"cedric going to be visiting us?"

"no.. he's already in the prefects cabin" i shrug, "he's been weird since pansy's party"

"probably because everyone's talking about draco staring at you"

"is it really that big of news?"

"knowing he's seeing pansy?" she laughs, "yeah, it's the talk of the school"

i feel a tap on my shoulder, and i look back to see pansy waiting behind me. daphne and i look at each other for a moment, hoping she hadn't heard too much, before i step out of the way slightly.

"can i come in?" she says. i nod, letting her in. she pushes daphne's legs down, taking a seat next to her. as much as it stings that she's hooking up with draco, i would never hold that against her.

"i have to get going, the meeting will start soon" i smile a little at both of them, shutting the door before walking down the hallway towards the prefects cabin. i sit down next to cedric when i walk in, waiting for the head boy and girl to start the meeting. i scan the room, no other slytherin from my year is in here... i wonder who the-

and then, right on que, draco strides in; his prefect badge tacked onto his pristinely pressed robes. he looks over, meeting my eyes and smiling.

"y/l/n? you're the other prefect?" he laughs a little, walking past cedric and i to take a seat across the room, "looking forward to working with you this year" i take a few slow breaths, not responding to him but instead moving slightly closer to cedric, who has a stern look plastered across his face as he glares over at draco.

what a fantastic way to start the year.

__________________________

your schedule