chapter 24

"granger" i shout out, coming up behind the weasley family in the stands. hermione looks back over her shoulder, seeing me for a moment and then turning back, nudging harry and ron to look back at me as well, "i..." i cough nervously, "i was hoping i could join you all, for a bit"

"got tired of living it up in first class with the malfoys?" ron says harshly, scowling at me

"calm down ronald" hermione hits at his arm, "it's not y/n's fault how draco acts"

"yeah but she chooses to spend time with the prick" ron glares at me and my cheeks flush red

"i'll just go then" i whisper, starting to turn around

"no stay" harry says, getting me to look back, "hermione's right" he gives me a small smile, gesturing to empty space on the rail next to him. i smile back, jogging over to stand between him and hermione.

"hey y/l/n" i hear fred weasley yell, leaning over the rail to look at me, "who's your money on?" george finishes, his head popping out next to fred's

"oh i don't-"

"you don't bet?" fred laughs, "fair enough"

"nasty business it can be" george adds

"i'm rooting for ireland" i say with a smile. the majority of the weasley's all cheer, except harry and ron, who are wearing bulgaria's red and black colors.

"thought you were for bulgaria with all that black on" ginny says, looking up and down at my dress

"oh.. i had to wear this to sit in the box. i wanted to wear my ireland sweater but my father..." i start to explain, but realize i don't want to talk about the box like draco did, "oh i know!" i exclaim, reaching into my bag and pulling out my scarf, wrapping it around my neck

"much better" fred and george say in unison, looking at me one more time before turning their eyes back to the game.

i lose track of time quickly, thoroughly enjoying myself in the stands. before i know it, the score has climbed immensely, and i think i better get back to my family. i say goodbye to everyone, giving them all hugs before i jog back downstairs, coming up with a cover story about getting lost, or stopping for food. i stop in front of the door to the box, tucking away my scarf and taking a deep breath before walking in. i take my seat again next to draco. neither my mum or dad question my absence, but draco leans in next to me, beginning to whisper.

"where have you been?" he says

"got lost" i shrug

"why don't i believe you" he hisses, leaning back in his chair. i look over at him and he raises his eyebrow. i only smirk in response, not planning on telling him where i actually was, as i look back and watch the remainder of the match.

__________________________

as we all begin to exit, i scan the box for my father and lucius, who i can't seem to find. with a sigh, i walk out with narcissa, my mum and draco.

"i'm sure they're around here somewhere" my mum says, "they must've just gotten pushed out with the crowd"

narcissa agrees, although she sounds skeptical, as we all make our way downstairs. it's quite late once we get out of the stadium, and we all retreat to the malfoy's tent on the grounds, which is no less grand than their manor. narcissa and my mum go into a seperate room, having a hushed conversation, while i turn back to draco, who's still standing by the door.

"do you know what's going on?" i say, concerned about our parents disappearance and our mum's secretiveness. draco hesitates, opening his mouth to say something but then stopping himself, "what is it draco?" i look at him, worried, stepping closer to him.