chapter 19

"you're going to do great" daphne reassures me at breakfast. i'm beside myself with nerves due to the match against gryffindor today.. which flint made me keeper for.

"i just don't understand why he didn't put in bletchley" i sigh, barely being able to finish my single piece of toast, "everything's riding on this game, and miles is far more experienced then-"

"stop getting in your head" draco cuts me off from across the table, a plate piled high with food sat in front of him, "the more nervous you get, the more likely you are to mess up"

"great advice, draco" pansy says sarcastically, then turning to me and trying to assist daphne in calming me down

__________________________

"now remember. the most important thing is to keep gryffindor from scoring" flint repeats the same speech he's been giving for weeks, "potter can catch the snitch perfectly, but if they're down by anymore than 50 points, they'll win the match.. but not the cup. got it?"

"got it" we all say in unison, bored with hearing him say this over and over. i'm sure oliver wood, the gryffindor captain, has figured this out as well, and will make sure harry doesn't go for the snitch unless their ahead of us by 50.

"are you sure y/l/n is ready to be put in again?" bletchley stands up, pointing down at me. i can feel myself turn a soft shade of pink as the team turns to me, "she looks a little under the weather"

"i'm feeling just fine, thank you" i stand up, facing bletchley with only a small bit of fear. he glares at me, sitting back on the bench and crossing his arms. i catch flint's eye and he gives me a nod of encouragement.

"we'll see about that" bletchley sneers, looking at the clock. 20 minutes until the game starts. i look nervously at draco, but he's preoccupied talking over the game plan with flint.

"what're you on ab..." i start to say, before trailing off, feeling an awful rumbling in my stomach, "oh no" i say, almost in a whisper, clutching around my abdomen. that seems to catch the team's attention, getting marcus and draco to look over at me.

"y/n?" i hear concern in draco's voice as he speeds over, placing a head on my back as i sit down, my whole midriff in immense pain, "what'd you do to her bletchley?" he says angrily, standing up and starting toward miles.

"must've been something she ate" he shrugs, a smirk across his face, "marcus" he shouts, getting flint to turn round again, "y/l/n looks as though she's about to spill her guts all over the locker room... better decide on who's better fit to guard those posts now"

marcus looks down at me, covering my mouth to stop myself from hurling, and contorts his face in disgust, "well miles....i- i guess you're in then" he sounds defeated, at least i know he's disappointed i can't play

"this is bullshit!" draco shouts, "can't you just delay the game a bit? send her to madam pomfrey? i'm sure she'll have her fixed in-"

"we've got bletchley malfoy, it'll work fine" flint says, "i better go alert them of the change in lineup" he adds, rushing out of the locker room with graham and cassius in tow.

"if i find any proof you did this to her-" draco starts, turning back to miles

"draco.." i say weakly, but quickly have to cover my mouth again

"proof?" miles laughs, "no chance. i'm not an idiot malfoy. i wouldn't leave anything behind"

"this isn't fair bletchley. marcus chose-"

"i don't care who marcus chose!" miles advances on draco, shoving him out of the way slightly, "true slytherins don't play fair. or maybe you've forgotten that since she's been in your ear" he says, gesturing towards me before leaving the locker room. i look up to draco, who's standing in the middle of the room. the beaters left during the fight, leaving draco and i alone.