chapter 65

the pain is so intense, all-consuming. every inch of my being, every muscle, every nerve; screams in agony as i fall against the ground, knocking my head hard on the dirt. i try to yell out for it to stop, but i can't form any words. my head feels like it's going to burst. i know i'm screaming, i must be, but i can't hear anything. all of my senses are blocked out. all i feel is pain.

my limbs fly around me as my body contorts, the torture increasing. i taste salt on my lips briefly; i'm crying. but the pain won't stop. no matter how much i fight it, how much i twist and turn, every bone in my body still feels on fire. my head still pounds, and my voice still screams.

__________________________

cedric's pov

"you take it. you should win" i argue back at harry. the cup is only yards away, glowing and tempting us to go grab it.

"that's not how it's supposed to work. the one who reaches the cup first gets the points and that's you. you would have gotten it-"

"no" i shake my head, crossing my arms and taking a few more steps toward him. laying between us is a stunned, gigantic, spider. i would've been out of the game because of it if harry hadn't saved my ass. he gets the cup. i've decided.

"stop being noble" harry huffs, "just take it then we can-"

"do you hear that?" i interrupt him, turning my attention away. i could've sworn i heard-

and then there it is again. screams. terrible, horrible, gut-wrenching screams; coming from a few hedges over. they're hers. i know it

"is that...?" harry says quietly. i snap my head back towards him, a grave look coming over both of our faces.

"you take the cup" i repeat, saying it like an order to harry, and then turning to burn a hole through the hedge, sprinting towards the screams.

they get louder and more painful to listen to as i navigate through the maze, she's close, i can hear-

i turn the corner, and there she is, splayed out in the dirt, thrashing around violently, and screaming. crying. tears cover her face, her eyes screwed shut tightly as she pleads for the torture to stop. i tear my eyes off of her, focusing them on her perpetrator. what the fuc-

"expelliarmus!" i shout, pointing my wand at krum. his wand flies out of his hand, and his attention turns toward me. god what is wrong with his eyes, "stupify!" i shout again, and krum is blown backward, slamming into the hedge by y/n, and falling in a heap beside her. i breath heavily for a bit, observing the damage i've done, before my eyes fall back onto her. holy shit

i rush over to her, gathering up her arms and wrapping them around my neck, trying to lift her up from the ground.

"shit, y/n, c'mon" i mutter, feeling myself get more and more anxious. she's lying limp against me. i grab under her arms, lifting her up slightly to lie her back against the hedge. her head slumps to the side, resting on her shoulder. i check behind me, krum's still out, "y/n c'mon" i plead, shaking her by the shoulders, "wake-"

she starts having a fit, coughing manically and leaning forward, gasping for air. i back away slightly, giving her some space as her coughs become less frequent and less ragged. eventually, they cease all together.

"cedric..?" she says weakly, leaning her head back against the leaves and looking over at me

"yeah, yeah hi" i say quickly, moving back toward her, "you're going to be okay i'm going to send for-"

"the cup, cedric" her voice is raspy, barely audible, "go get the cup"

"to hell with the cup" i mumble angirly, searching the ground for where i dropped my wand